Russell Wilson's agent

Home Forums All StateFansNation Russell Wilson's agent

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    44rules
    Participant

So found this story on CBS and thought I’d share the link, primarily because of this quote from Wilson’s agent:

“I’ve been around him arguably as much as anyone since that time and we’ve been through a lot together — the debacle at NC State to making a decision about where to go after NC State and the transition to Wisconsin, his experience playing minor-league baseball, the draft, the death of his father, his wedding, his divorce, transitioning into being a starting quarterback in the NFL, winning a Super Bowl, having the opportunity to win another one … it’s been quite a journey, and at the end of the day the person who is least surprised by it is Russell Wilson.”

Here’s the link:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24996060/super-bowl-49-russell-wilson-thrives-with-rare-mental-toughness

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

wufpup76
    Keymaster

‘debacle’ ‘N.C. State’ … wish those weren’t combined so much.

Interesting article.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The article did point this out: “Wilson chose North Carolina State because Chuck Amato — who would be fired even before Wilson arrived in Raleigh — was the only coach who would allow him to play quarterback and also pursue his dream with baseball. To Wilson, there were no other options. That was his plan.”

So the “scrawny second baseman” got his shot at college football via NC State and the willingness to allow him to be a two-sport player.

And the article did not point out that despite the “debacle”, I’m not sure that RW would have gotten a shot at the NFL had he not played for Wisconsin. Who knows. He has certainly made the most of his opportunities. And I”ll be rooting for him and the Hawks on Sunday.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Tom O’Brien was between a rock and a hard place with Wilson and Glennon. If Wilson returned, Glennon was likely to leave, and the year after, O’Brien had no one to take over. There was that kid from Fayetteville, whose name escapes me, but that was really about it.

At the end of the day, it was TOB’s fault for not busting his ass on the recruiting trail and getting talent into his system.

PackofMac
    Participant

If it weren’t for the last paragaraph alph I may have found myself vomiting in the bathroom. The argument is valid and true however any other coach would have rolled the dice and allowed his ACC rookie of the year and perinial ACC player of the year condidate return under center for his last year, with or without Glennon on the sideline. TOB was an outstanding leader or young men however he was way too stuck in his ways and his lack of change and adaption sent him on his way.

Yes, very old discussion and argument, sorry to waste anyone’s time having read this but the twitch of Russell leaving….the circumstances causing Russell to leave will never stop bothering me. GO SEAHAWKS

tractor57
    Participant

I think Alpha’s analysis gets to the heart of the Wilson/Glennon issue. Especially the second paragraph. The most recent recruiting of the current staff simply supports the idea that recruiting was not part of the TOB plan.

Fastback68
    Participant

I am more than happy for Russell Wilson and it’s always a pleasure to see him wearing the Red and White. Two time winning Super Bowl qb with wins over Manning and Brady led teams??? I sincerely hope so.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ve shared the back story of the TOB, RW, and NC State ‘debacle’ on here a few times.

Some of the quotes from RW’s agent are practically verbatim from what I shared.

Perhaps those who questioned my word will now realize my information was not speculation.

SaccoV
    Participant

Here to add the worthless $.02 … The Fayetteville QB was Everett Proctor.

WTNY
    Participant

Perhaps those who questioned my word will now realize my information was not speculation.

I didn’t think I could read something new regarding the RW dead-horse topic, but once again, I’m wrong!

burnbarn
    Participant

I wish RW would have played as a true freshman here.. all other conversation would have never happened.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.