“Russel” Wilson #GoBadgers Billboard on Capital Blvd

Home Forums All StateFansNation “Russel” Wilson #GoBadgers Billboard on Capital Blvd

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JackWolf
    Keymaster

Saw this on Stewart Mandel’s Twitter (@slmandel): Seems some Wisconsin fan(s) decided to taunt NC State w/ a Russell Wilson billboard but … oops. http
    [See the full post at: “Russel” Wilson #GoBadgers Billboard on Capital Blvd]

pakfanistan
    Participant

Opposing fans can suck it.

Russell still loves State. We still love him. And it worked out best for both Wilson and Glennon.

RedandWhite97
    Participant

I agree with Statefans…..this reeks of UNC trolling.

IF Russell Wilson cannot be claimed as one of ours, how does UNC explain 41-10, 28-27 and 29-24. Sheesh! Seems like he was present in an NCSU uniform those days!

Like I read someone post, UNC spells RW’s name like this: RusseLLL.

for good measure, maybe they should spell it like this: RusseLLL WiLLLson.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Really? Why? Is UW that desperate for attention and relevance this weekend?

I guess Seattle’s OC isn’t enough for them, or more likely than not, the guys who put that up are clueless Walmarters who aren’t even aware that a former Badger QB is Seattle’s OC.

PackFamily
    Participant

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess no one from Wisconsin did this. Is this the same billboard that had the ECU trolling message as well? (that one was on Capital just north of Wake Forest. If so, it should be easy to find out who is putting these up. Should be good for a laugh.

PackFamily
    Participant

…looking at it closer, is it even real? I am no arborist, but there are green trees to the right of the billboard that don’t look like evergreens. And if this just went up, where is the snow?

#FakeBillboard

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Umm … meh

Russell went to State. He went to Wisconsin. Whatever, opposing fans.

tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

Another tale-tale sign that this is not (at least an official) Wisconsin project… They used a photo of a badger and not Bucky the Badger. At least the trolls who did this were smart enough to not get slapped with copyright infringement although not smart enough to spell his name right.

Morons.

gumby
    Participant

Let’s see another picture confirming this – I say it’s real only in the world of photoshop otherwise

MrPlywood
    Participant

The sign itself is real, those trees are evergreens. I used Fairway’s online sign finder to confirm. It’s on Capital Blvd., near Sunset. It’s a digital sign, so I imagine that there will be a typo correction forthcoming since they can be updated easily. As far as the design being real, it does look like a photo of a digital board.

Do I care about the “dig”? Nope.

timberwolf
    Participant

Little insecure there. Emphasis on little.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oh, this clearly reeks of the purple methheads. Obvious trolling, plus the poor spelling.

I’ve never gotten the impression that WI folks have issue with each school “sharing” the love for RW as an alumnus.

And YES, troll nation, RW most certainly DOES have a diploma from NC State. Got it in 2.5 or 3 years, IIRC. Dude is smart as f-ck.

4in12
    Participant

We claim Steven Hauschka as one of our own. That doesn’t mean we reject Middlebury as his alma mater. It’s the same with Russell. He graduated and went to a different school for grad school. It worked out very well for him. Anyone trying to get a rise out of me over that situation is barking up the wrong tree.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.