Rodon savors time at State

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Rodon savors time at State

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

Really good article about how happy Carlos Rodon is in Raleigh.

Three years into his Wolfpack baseball career, Rodon still maintains that enrolling at NC State is “the best decision I’ve ever made.”

That choice goes well beyond his baseball accomplishments, which include an undefeated record as a freshman and a stellar sophomore season in which he led the nation in strikeouts (184) and strikeouts per nine innings (12.51) and led the Wolfpack to its first College World Series appearance in 45 years.

“I just like being here,” says Rodon, a sport management major. “It’s a special place for me. It was a tough decision to choose between signing with the Brewers and coming to school. I was kind of on the fence. I thought I might be ready for professional baseball, but looking back at it, I know I wasn’t.

“I had a lot of growing up to do. Clearly, it was a better decision to come here.”

TheCOWDOG

Ruffles …That’s a good pull.

And maybe so good, no one could appreciate the post, when folks are so consumed in State nihilism.

pakfanistan
    Participant

And maybe so good, no one could appreciate the post, when folks are so consumed in State nihilism.

We have gazed too long into the abyss.

Mike
    Participant

THIS is the reason college sports are special and the “kids” need to realize how important the time is to their own development. When I say development, I mean both athletically and socially.

elvislives
    Participant

Great story, thanks for posting it.

44rules
    Participant

Love it. Kill ’em this year, lefty.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.