Rob Crisp Granted Medical Redshirt

Home Forums All StateFansNation Rob Crisp Granted Medical Redshirt

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

NC State starting left tackle Rob Crisp suffered a concussion in the second game of 2013 and missed the rest of the season. Luckily, the senior was granted a medical redshirt
    [See the full post at: Rob Crisp Granted Medical Redshirt]

TheCOWDOG

Hmm.

Honestly,I’m tad surprised. Not by the hardship waiver itself, as it was always a done deal(30% rule).

Well…Break out the Kazoo lid for the big guy.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, I had heard he would never play again (medical reasons). Great news for Mr. Crisp and Mr. Brissette.

StateFans
    Keymaster

WOW!!! We’re finally catching some breaks!! This will be HUGE for our program for next year. (pun intended)

pakfanistan
    Participant

I kinda wish he wasn’t playing. With the current evidence on CTE, it just seems like a bad idea.

Has he graduated?

ryebread
    Participant

I’m with you packfanistan. I hope/suspect we have done medical due diligence here.

tjfoose1
    Participant

A nice, unexpected (for several reasons) surprise. As opposed to the expected kind.

Hopefully the issues have been worked out.

packalum44
    Participant

Huge news. He was our best offensive linemen and plays the 2nd most important position in pro football. Arguably less important in college.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Also read that S Jarvis Byrd has had medical hardship waiver put in by State. I’m thinking the 30% doesn’t bode well but that the NCAA may be lenient due to all the subsequent years he has missed due to different injuries.

Man, did our rushing defense suck once he got hurt. He was our best open field tackler bar none (not that it was all that high a bar set).

Crisp must still have his eyes on the prize. He may not be low round NFL draft stock but if he can prove himself physically fit this fall then he stands to get paid playing somewhere on Sunday. His head injury sounded real bad but we weren’t in those Dr offices with Big Rob and family.

Texpack
    Participant

I just hope the head injury is really a non-issue and he can play without doing damage to himself. Any “extra” player we can pick up is a plus.

ryebread
    Participant

Safety first and foremost. That’s what matters. It’s just a game.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Based on what I’ve been told of the athlete’s experience…it doesn’t surprise me that he’s eager to take the risk. I’ve been told – by well-adjusted, successful adults – that the end of one’s playing career is almost like a death.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I hope he’s receiving advice that’s in his best interest. I don’t think the young can appreciate how long life can be, and how much they’ll miss the ability to do simple things.

tjfoose1
    Participant

It’s just a game.

I doubt a they look at it that way. I know I wouldn’t think that of ANYTHING that could potentially pay 7 figures + and take care of my family for life.

Considering all that I’ve heard about this particular case, I’m what is really being risked. But even if the risk were substantial, an easy way to convince yourself to jump in is to consider what is risked by active duty military for substantially less.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.