Rivers vs. Wilson

Home Forums StateFans Football Rivers vs. Wilson

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bigbadwolf87
    Participant

Cool article on two great NC State QB’s Russell Wilson and Philip Rivers.

http://oldnorthbanter.com/2014/09/18/pack-pride-philip-rivers-vs-russell-wilson/

pakfanistan
    Participant

Nitpick…

Admittedly, Tampa Bay Buccaneer QB Mike Glennon was probably thrown into the fire too soon and has taken a step back this year,

Kinda hard to make that claim since Lovie benched him immediately upon his hiring, and he hasn’t played at all this year, while McCown has been sucking it up.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Addendum:
    Glennon’s only season:

‘GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    ’13 247 416 59.4 2,608 6.27 19 85 9 3 45.6 83.9

McCown’s most comparable season (his third):

‘GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    ’14 233 408 57.1 2,511 6.15 11 48 10 11 —- 74.1

In closing, Lovie kinda looks like an idiot.

PS: On topic, <3 Rivers and Wilson. I hope this is the year SD wins it all, to cement River’s legacy.

Edit: I can’t figure out how to format this for crap.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The wrong coach was hired for Glennon to excel in Tampa. That much is clear. Hope he can find a home as I am certain he can be a good QB.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Lovie Smith doing his best TOB impression tonight:

Let’s be stubborn for stubborn’s sake because I know best regardless of what actually happens on the field, over and over and over again.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Haha, you beat me to it.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Lovie Smith doing his best TOB impression tonight:

Let’s be stubborn for stubborn’s sake because I know best regardless of what actually happens on the field, over and over and over again.

I thought it was Amato who punted to Hester. Am I misremembering that?

tractor57
    Participant

The good thing here is Glennon will not have the pounding only a deficient OL can provide in the NFL. Maybe next year he will be in a better spot.

Wufpacker
    Participant

McCown goes down, at least temporarily, with an ouchie thumb. Glennon gets one series before halftime and looks decent.

But yes, the series ends with him getting mashed behind that OL.

tractor57
    Participant

Guess I spoke too soon.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Good God.

I feel so bad for Glennon.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yep. With the exception of Glennon himself once he got into the game, the Bucs were inept across the board tonight.

17/24 for 121 yds, 1 TD/0 INT. But he did take a couple of hits that he’s gonna feel tomorrow, no doubt.

And TJ Yates threw a pick six during mop up duty for ATL so, bonus.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Haha Pak, I keep waiting for the ball to finally get to Glennon. I thought practice made perfect? And yeah, Lovie is looking pretty stoopid right about now.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Sort of related…..Denver v. Seattle. Really thought that Wilson was showing up the Old Man(ning – #18). Peyton’s pick (interception) was his FIRST since 9/17/2012. That is 2 years and 4 days W/O getting picked off. Maybe he puts Teflon on the ball and only his receivers have the “GRABBY” Teflon gloves…..or he is THAT good.

SO, Denver does a PR/RW comeback….scores and gets 2 Pt. PAT and ties game.

THEN Seattle takes the ball on the kickoff. Marches 80 yards down and scores. Wilson has 4 series savings runs….only 22 yards….what….they march 80 yards and the QB gets one fourth of them.

Manning did not look like the MAN in the first half….but he came through in the second….but the short, new kid on the QB block refused to be bullied or afraid. Wilson just seemed like he was NOT going to let Seattle lose, even though the Defense let him down in the last minute. Even the Seattle defenders said that Manning spotted some softness in their formations and took advantage of them.

Kudo’s to Wilson….I guess he did not want 2 L’s in a row.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Too bad RW is just a system QB. AT least that’s what I’ve been told.

rthomas44
    Participant

Anybody who thinks Glennon will ever be a “good” NFL QB is dreaming!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Peyton’s pick (interception) was his FIRST since 9/17/2012. That is 2 years and 4 days W/O getting picked off.

It was his first pick in the month of September since 9/17/12. Basically, he managed to not throw it to the bad guys the last week in September 2012, the whole month of September last year, and the first two weeks this season. Big difference, but still mildly impressive.

He still had 10 picks on the 2013 season, and I don’t know how many (but I’m certain there were some) October thru January 2012/13.

Gowolves
    Participant

Troll??? Is that you PA44?

tjfoose1
    Participant

And then there’s Glennon.

He’s getting some love, from his local media if not from his coach. If he were healthy, Lovie would be putting McCown back in next week, I promise you.

Mike Glennon should be Bucs’ starter from now on

Mike Glennon once again looks like Bucs’ QB of futureen to the air.

This was Joe Montana stuff, a cool-as-ice, cat-burglar kind of performance. It made his coach a winner again. It stopped his team from being a punch line. It returned the blue to the sky and the oxygen to the air.

…Glennon was Manning-for-a-day. In the second half, he led his team on drives of 80 yards, 83, 61 and, for the win, 46 yards with no timeouts. In the fourth quarter alone, he threw for 148 yards. On second and 23, the second-year quarterback hit a 21-yard completion to set up a third-down conversion and keep a drive going.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.