Rick's Wolfpack Girls…

Home Forums All StateFansNation Rick's Wolfpack Girls…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well guys and gals…
    since there’s nothing else “fun” to talk about until baseball season…

ya’ll may or not know that our own “Rick” is a basketball coach!
    … and His team of little 10yr old girls appears to dominating the league up their in the Triangle….

Rick… post some pics, give us an update…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Bill,
    Thanks for asking.
    The weather caused us to miss the last game but we did get an extra practice in. I will let you know tomorrow what happens. I am going to go one more week with my best players dominating the ball and then I am going to let some of the other girls try to score. I plan to run a double pick (guard picks at the half court and the forward picks a the free throw line) to see if I can get them some open easy shots. If the other team sticks with a man to man this will work like a champ. And I think they understand the 1-3-1 a little better.

Any advice from the more seasoned coaches would be welcome.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m taking my oldest kid to visit UNC-Greensboro tomorrow. I will give their weenie, no-necked Hole basketball coach the finger if’n I see him.

What else do folks have going on? New beers or food recipes discovered? Books read? I am looking for good biographies of Lenin/the October Revolution in general and of Churchill (neither fawning nor harshly critical) in particular.

44rules
    Participant

BJD, if you only read one bio of Lenin, make it this:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/876602.Lenin

Written by a KGB guy with access to the Soviet state archives. Anybody who thinks anything good came from that bald-headed mass murderer should read this.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

redisgood
    Participant

I’m persevering and going to the game tomorrow, although my sole motivation now is to simply to watch and enjoy Cat Barber play basketball. I’m hoping one game he just lets it all hang out and puts up 50.

Rick
    Keymaster

No new recipes. I have actually dropped 30 lbs so I eat boring crap.
    I read a ton but its usually fiction. I read to escape not to learn πŸ˜‰

BJD95
    Keymaster

BJD, if you only read one bio of Lenin, make it this:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/876602.Lenin

Written by a KGB guy with access to the Soviet state archives. Anybody who thinks anything good came from that bald-headed mass murderer should read this.

I shall check it out, thanks. How mind-blowing it would be to have access to the Soviet archives (if one could read Cyrillic squiggly).

Surely, Lenin Cat is excepted. He got us to GLORIOUS SWEET SIXTEEN, Comrade!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

No new recipes. I have actually dropped 30 lbs so I eat boring crap.
    I read a ton but its usually fiction. I read to escape not to learn ?

In case you do the juice thing (I am down like 35-40 myself), this is my best way to hide the healthy green stuff:

4 gala apples (fuji if no galas), 2 large cucumbers, bag of kale, 1 medium or 2 small zuchinni*, 1 lime*

* can replace zuchinni with yellow squash, but then use lemon instead

The key is the citrus. Hides the kale taste.

Also, I need to move to Spain:

Rick
    Keymaster

No juice for me. Congrats on the 35 lbs though.
    I watch the whites
    no sugar, rice, white potatoes, flour or corn

It sounds awful but once you get used to it its not bad. I cheat Saturday nights so paaaarty.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I watch the whites

Yay for us skinny’ns. As of this morning I am down 40. Depressing that I gained that much to begin with.
    But yeah….Don’t trust whitey.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The Malcolm X Diet!

Rick
    Keymaster

The Malcolm X Diet!

Here here for Malcolm the tenth.

peteavio
    Participant

I read books, but watch more TV these days. I just finished The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. A slow start that grips you, but damn in gets intense. It’s based on a book, so it kinda counts.

I did read Bourbon Empire, which is the business history of bourbon….definitely worth a read.

Glad to hear that the juice is loose, BJD.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

BJD95, in order to fully appreciate Winston Churchill, I highly recommend you try some Ararat (his favorite Brandy according to the Booze Traveler) while reading. It’s made in Armenia but you can get it through a distributor in CA. Its very smooth brandy but comes with a $100 price tag.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

BJD, you might like to check out Visions of Victory, by Gerhard Weinberg. There is a chapter on each of eight major wartime leaders during WWII and “compares their visions of the future assuming their side had emerged victorious.” I haven’t gotten to the Churchill chapter, but I’m comfortable recommending it nonetheless, as I’ve read other things by Weinberg and have attended several seminars that he’s given, all very enjoyable. He is brilliant and knows EVERYTHING about WWII.

There is also a chapter on Stalin, of course, if you have a Lenin-adjacent interest there.

Becton901
    Participant
      Anna Karenina

, Tolstoy at his finest. Gives a great insight into marriage, among every other facet of life.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Rick’s Wolfpack Girls

Am I the only one with a dirty mind? Was expecting to see a few bombshells upon entering the thread!

tractor57
    Participant

“I read books, but watch more TV these days. I just finished The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. A slow start that grips you, but damn in gets intense. It’s based on a book, so it kinda counts.” I binge watched this and agree started a bit slow but ended very intense. I don’t read as much today as I used to but I do tend to find interesting things via the web – some provide real information and some an example of human stupidity.

Texpack
    Participant

For Rick’s girls – I always ran free throw lane stack in bounds plays to get individual players an easy open shot. You can run some nice double screens out of those sets. I was deadly with that the year I had all sorta average players.

Recipes – I made an incredible Tomato Basil Soup two weekends ago if I do say so myself.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wufpack… do you have daughters???

Rick’s girls are TEN years old…

——————-

Coming off at the Farm this week…

Watermelon Radishes … which are exceptional…
    Purple, Red and White Carrots …

Plenty of Winter Greens…
    Georgia Collards, Green Curly Kale, Red Russian Kale, Chard, Savory
    a few Green Cabbages …

The Red Cabbages are heading up…

All excellent for the old man’s digestion…

—————–

Rick…

where’s the pic’s of your girls…
    just don’t post closeups… unless their parents sign a release…
    yeah… I know… it’s just the world we live in …

You KNOW that the Coach’s Job involves a lot more than what happens or doesn’t happen on the court.

MrPlywood
    Participant

How about running a full time full-court press?

How David Beats Goliath: When Underdogs Break the Rules – The New Yorker

TheCOWDOG

Ricky…Keep doing what you’re doing. Girls’ lives matter, too.

Rick
    Keymaster

How about running a full time full-court press?

How David Beats Goliath: When Underdogs Break the Rules – The New Yorker

Presses are allowed but the other coach and I agreed not to press for a few games so the girls can get used to playing. I have five girls who have never played. I do plan on pressing. I will use a 1-2-1-1 press. That way the girls are keeping their same positions, just extending the defense.

Bill,
    I had no idea you could grow things in the cold like this. Did the ice hurt the garden?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

remember… my organic farm is in New Hanover County…

normally you’d be correct…
    but this “winter” we have about 7 frosts and 7 days of normal winter (week before last)…

I picked ten bushels of lettuces on January 3rd…
    which is off the charts…

We’ll start planting bigtime Friday week if the weatherman is right…

English Peas, Snow Peas, Snap Peas, More Carrots and Radishes, then 5-6 different kinds of Potatoes and more Cabbages and Kales …

——————–

There are more than two teams in your league aren’t there ?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

OT but ICYMI, Jacoby is QBing for the South in today’s Senior Bowl 2:30 NFL Network

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.