Reports: Abu to Return!!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Reports: Abu to Return!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

It started with this, and today we got more great for NC State Basketball: Big news #pack fans really big news! https://t.co/Qrwgtp1EHy— NC Stat
    [See the full post at: Reports: Abu to Return!!!]

Wufpacker
    Participant

The juggernaut rolls along.

tractor57
    Participant

I support Abu in finding his worth. In my view there is a lot of talent and skill but not polished enough for the NBA – few are as we know. If he does return maybe he now has an independent voice on what he needs to improve.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Heck of a week in Wolfpack world

JeremyH
    Participant

Awesome news. Can we still add another big to address the need for the year after?

JeremyH
    Participant

OK, and another guard too.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Welcome Back.

StateRed44
    Participant

Ply

Thanks for posting that, love that song!

PapaJohn
    Participant

At the caravan last night, Gott said this class isn’t finished. So maybe we’ll pick up a player or two that will stick around a while.
    The dream would be a solid backups / players to develop at PG and a big.

Texpack
    Participant

He needs to shoot 500 free throws every day and about the same number of jumpers from 10-17 feet out

13OT
    Participant

WOW!

What’s next? An overall winning season? A winning season in ACC play?

Makes me dizzy just to think about it.

choppack1
    Participant

Abu and Anya returning is great news for next year!!!

This insures at the minimum a solid post presence regardless of Yurtseven’s Eligibility status. If cleared, we look like a monster.

What a difference a week makes. We are on the good side of the Gott-coaster again.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It is indeed all great news. Now we have expectations again. Uh oh…

pakfanistan
    Participant

MrPlywood
    Participant

He needs to shoot 500 free throws every day and about the same number of jumpers from 10-17 feet out

I think Abu and Anya – and therefore the team – will benefit from seeing the Euro/Seven approach in action.

Texpack
    Participant

I think Abu and Anya – and therefore the team – will benefit from seeing the Euro/Seven approach in action.

I said that in another post. I think you are spot on. I also think Gott should start working Europe harder. Those bigs play a style of ball that fits the UCLA offense. They are better shooters, ball handlers, and passers than a lot of the U.S. bigs are today.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I said that in another post. I think you are spot on. I also think Gott should start working Europe harder. Those bigs play a style of ball that fits the UCLA offense. They are better shooters, ball handlers, and passers than a lot of the U.S. bigs are today.

I’m with you a 100%. Either you recruit the type of guys to play your system or you change your coaching philosophy to fit the roster you have. Very simple. European players definitely fit the high post offense better because it is about spacing, understanding that spacing and playing inside out. I’m not saying our guys aren’t bright enough to run it, but I see a lot of one on one stuff each possession, with no off the ball movement from the other 4 players. It seems a lot of times that they have no clue what to do on offense unless the ball is in their hands.

tractor57
    Participant

I think both Abu and Anya were right to explore the chances. For them the chance to get unbiased opinions as to their standing re the NBA with the changing of the rules regarding declaring fit right in with their needs.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.