Red & White Game

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Red & White Game

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Men’s basketball are doing something different for this year’s Red & White game. The event will be held in the parking lot of the RBC Center before the Louisville game. This will include an outdoor scrimmage. Now the bad news. The game time for the Louisville game has just been announced as a 12:30 kick-off. I’m guessing this isn’t what Yow and Gott wanted, and the ACC has stuck it to us big time. This is also supposed to be a huge weekend for recruits coming in. Maybe they will move it to after the football game.

Greywolf
    Participant

basketball or football recruits? Or both? Gott and Yow need to talk to Doeren. He’s a master of turning sh!t to shinola.;-)

tjfoose1
    Participant

12:30 kickoff means it’s the ACC Network game.

The other games are:

3:30 PM Boston College @ Duke ESPN 3
    3:30 PM North Carolina @ #20 Georgia Tech ESPNU
    3:30 PM #10 Florida State @ Wake Forest ABC ESPN ESPN2
    8:00 PM #6 Notre Dame @ #11 Clemson ABC

They’ll move the Red & White game to after the football game, as they’ve done in the past with a noonish home football game on the same day.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Oh, and…

12:00 PM Pittsburgh @ Virginia Tech ESPN3

Rick
    Keymaster

Remors are that Bam will commit at this game. That is a huge class. Still need another big but that is a great class. I hope they move it to after the game, the only downside is if we lose there might not be a lot of enthusiasm.

FergusWolf
    Participant

seems to me if we lose the football game vs. Louisville that enthusiasm for basketball might be increased.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Via bball’s twitter feed….

Bad news: 10:45am start.
    Good news: free t-shirt for the first 750 folks still sober enough to find their way there from tailgating.

TheCOWDOG

Free “T” ? OK, I can travel with a Bloody Mary. Whose advertising may I expect to be in oversized font?

Draft Kings?

Wufpacker
    Participant

LMAO. While the odds would dictate betting on them or Fanduel…iirc it is actually going to come up Butterball.

Too bad. Would be awesome if they’d do a live turkey drop instead, a la WKRP.

Poor Les Nessman was so traumatized.

Pack78
    Participant

Red-White game should be within ~150-200 ft. of our tailgate spot-looks like a pregame of omelets, brew, and B-ball at CF!

TheCOWDOG

The Red ‘n White game brought to you by Butterball.

All good, I don’t have a Butterball-Pack shirt.

I am a bit concerned, though. ( I mean…ya know. BJ, and all. )

redisgood
    Participant

According to Gott, BJ is a svelte 284 right now, targeting 275 by season’s start. I hope he can maintain it. We are going to need lots of minutes from him this year. That is very encouraging.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Somebody posted a campus pic of our beloved KH a few weeks ago, he’s WAY slimmer than even the ALMKH varietal of early last season. ENTER TEH BEAST MODE. As long as the lost weight doesn’t take away his magical powers again.

Also, “God as my witness, I thought a turkey could fly!!!”

tjfoose1
    Participant

Good news: free t-shirt for the first 750 folks still sober enough to find their way there from tailgating.

Well that’s not very smart. Is Yow channeling her inner LF?

tjfoose1
    Participant

Too bad. Would be awesome if they’d do a live turkey drop instead, a la WKRP.

That was an excellent episode. Excellent show too, doesn’t get its due. That said, I wonder how popular it would have been without one Jennifer Marlowe.

Jennifer

Wufpacker
    Participant

Have to admit that as a youthful adolescent, Bailey Quarters revved me up more.
    Though looking at that photo, I’m no longer sure why.

redisgood
    Participant

Well that’s not very smart. Is Yow channeling her inner LF?

The start time is unfortunate. At least 2 five star basketball recruits had to cancel because they couldn’t get in to town that early.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Cast me as another vote for Bailey!

I loved staying up late in the summers for WKRP reruns on WBTV in CLT. Good times.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Ahhhhh Bailey. She grew on me, and yes, though Jennifer was the shiny ball, as the shows went by, Bailey wound up on top. Nice form, but with that girl-next-door, approachable vibe going on too. Not so dissimilar from Ginger vs Mary Ann question or the lesser known Lisa vs Heidi (Home Improvement).

tjfoose1
    Participant

The start time is unfortunate. At least 2 five star basketball recruits had to cancel because they couldn’t get in to town that early.

Just plain dumb.

Pack78
    Participant

Also preferred Bailey, Mary Anne, and Heidi-then there was Jeannie (Barbara Eden) retiring the trophy…

redisgood
    Participant

Coach Gott told CBS sports both Caleb and Cody have made significant jumps since March. With a slimmed down BJ, one of the best point guards in the ACC, a couple of sharp shooters on the wing in Rowan & Henderson, and Freeman / Abu down low, I think I’m getting excited for basketball.

DC_wolf
    Participant
    Rick
    Keymaster

Horrible idea to do this early Saturday morning. Horrible.
    I like when they did it in the evening.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t remember being more excited for a basketball season. And that’s a year BEFORE the motherlode comes in.

But yeah…good luck turning out teenagers out on a Saturday morning.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.