Recruiting: the lost years impacting the current years

Home Forums All StateFansNation Recruiting: the lost years impacting the current years

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Grey – regarding the contract, those are subject to reasonable expectations. If DD wins his next 5 games and goes 6-2 or 7-1 next year, I guarantee you he’s getting a big fat raise. Likewise, if he can’t win more than 2 conference games in his next 13 – I suspect he’ll be fired.

Look its best for DD and the program at large if he can win at least 2 games this year. No matter how you feel about him if we go 0-8 or even 1-7 this year, next year the atmosphere won’t be good until we win a few game…and the “sell” will be a very difficult one for recruits.

That said -he’s getting a 3rd year unless something off the field occurs.and he deserves it. In the 3rd year if things aren’t going well, things will get very ugly.

Greywolf
    Participant

Likewise, if he can’t win more than 2 conference games in his next 13 – I suspect he’ll be fired.

And I suspect the buy-out is big enough that he won’t. IMO nothing will happen no matter how bad the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year are if we have a good 4th year and a great 5th year. If we fire Doeren after 3 years, I hate to think about trying to hire a quality HC to replace him. We fans may not know our asses from holes in the ground but you can bet that veteran coaches no how difficult winning with little talent can be,

Right now I’m not concerned about the future. I do get weary of the hand-wringing and the conference loss countdown like we were counting Brissett’s streak of no-INTs or something. After going 3-9 last year, we lost to FSU, Clemson and BC, well duh! What’s the big surprise? We are playing Louisville this week. Would you be surprised if we didn’t win? Me either. I think we got a chance to win Syracuse and Wake Forest. Since this is the Recruiting: the lost years impacting the current years I shouldn’t have to tell you why that’s all I’m expecting.

I got off track there. Sorry. All indications are that this conversation will get us a good laugh in the coming years.

jrcox4
    Participant
    Wulfpack
    Participant

The losing streak is historically significant:

N.C. State enters the game at Louisville with the school-record 11-game ACC losing streak. The odds are the streak will hit 12 on the road. Duke and Virginia are the only ACC programs that have had losing streaks equal to or longer than the Pack’s current one this century.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/17/4241885/giglio-a-silver-lining-in-the.html?sp=/99/103/119/273/#storylink=cpy

Let that sink in a minute. No Pack fan likes this. But it is where we are right now. Doesn’t mean it is where we will be in a few years, but does indicate we have a giant uphill climb with FSU and Clemson (and now Lville) in the division.

choppack1
    Participant

Grey – I expect us to lose, but hopefully we won’t embarrass ourselves (again). I hope we win at least 2 games from here on out. However, dd ain’t the first coach to inherit a bad situation. He’ll have more of my sympathy (like that’s important) – if he doesn’t throw his players under the bus.

That said, ain’t no way dd comes back if he goes 0-24….likewise he’ll be gone if he goes 13-0. That’s just reality.

Greywolf
    Participant

He’ll have more of my sympathy (like that’s important) – if he doesn’t throw his players under the bus.

I’m with you 100% on that. So far he’s clean. The biggest was when one of the players called for that fake punt last year and Doeren never said a word about it being a player. Attitude usually flows from the top. Canada took 100% responsibility for the lousy offense these last to games. Doeren before him took responsibility for not having the team ready to play.

Chop, I expect if we were having a conversation about this immediate and even the larger subject, we would be in agreement in principle. I’m long winded — I like to think of it as “thorough” 😉 — and sometimes I’m talking in general when I started out answering your comment. Sorry about that. I do like going back and forth with you and some others. It’s both enjoyable and educational for me.

choppack1
    Participant

Grey – I agree. I actually loved that he suspended those 7 guys.

Part of me thinks that this staff doesn’t trust their kids enough. I think that they have moved away from the hurry-up to protect the DM..which has only had the impact of killing the o. I think we did the same last year.

I like dd – I think he’s going thru the most difficult time of his professional life. Hopefully, we dont realize the worst case scenario. I don’t think we’re that far off…and I just this one think you’re passionate about defending the staff at what you believe is for the best long term for nc state. The good news is that I don’t dd is SL or lr.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.