RB Coach Shoves Watson

Home Forums StateFans Football RB Coach Shoves Watson

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Andrea Adelson, ESPN Staff Writer
    NC State running backs coach Des Kitchings appeared to shove Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson in the back on a play that went out of bounds during the Tigers’ 56-41 win on Saturday.

Replays showed Watson running out of bounds and into Kitchings late in the third quarter, and Kitchings responding by shoving Watson. After the game, NC State head coach Dave Doeren said Kitchings apologized to Watson and the Clemson coaches.

“As far as I know, everything has been settled,” Doeren said. “I haven’t seen it, don’t know much about it, but [Kitchings] did come up and tell me that he apologized to their staff and Deshaun. It was a heat-of-the-battle moment and unfortunate. I think he handled it the right way.”

Watson told reporters afterward, “A guy kind of swung at me and pushed me off. I just walked away. I don’t know why he did it.”

Watson went 23-for-30 for 383 yards and five touchdowns as the third-ranked Tigers improved to 8-0 (5-0 ACC).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14023068/nc-state-wolfpack-assistant-des-kitchings-appears-shove-clemson-tigers-quarterback-deshaun-watson-sideline-play

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.