Ranking The NFL\'s Top 65 QB\'s

Home Forums StateFans Football Ranking The NFL\'s Top 65 QB\'s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PackFamily
    Participant

I realize this is the Bleacher Report, but it doesn’t seem terrible off. Amazing we have the #2 and #3 B’s (and more amazing we couldn’t win a conference championship with them). This helps me with my argument with my (not-a-graduate-of-NCSU) brother that Rivers is a better QB than Brees. Both are awesome, but PR is the better QB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1949452-br-nfl-1000-top-65-quarterbacks?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

Gowolves
    Participant

I read this same article. Obviously it’s based on just 2013. I like PR and think he is a good quarterback but better than Brees I don’t think so. The numbers alone prove that muchless the SB that Brees has. It’s not entrirely Rivers’ fault though. Everytime they develop talent around him they let those players walk in FA. Pretty much no offensive line the last two years. Former GM Smith alone tried to destroy his career. I can’t think of a worse GM than that dude unless you include JJ out of big D.

As far as college QB’s then I would give PR the nod.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Gowolves, I had the same initial opinion. Then I looked up their stats. To me there are three key stats to evaluating a modern qb’s career; winning % (are you a winner), TD-Int ratio (do you turn the ball over) & yards per attempt (YPA – represents efficiency). Rivers’ career numbers are better than Brees’ in all three of those categories. I would have lost a bet on that. I still think with 20/20 hindsight I would take Brees over PR, but it’s a lot closer than I would have initially thought.
    And FWIW, RW’s numbers in those three stat categories in his first two years are better than Manning & Brady (except Brady has a slightly higher winning %).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.