Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Viewing 11 posts - 476 through 486 (of 486 total)
  • Author
    Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Cd, In your day, did y’all travel south in March on spring break to play down south or did y’all just throw on the sleeves and play in the cold? When I was coaching, we hosted a few high schools from PA and Ny who needed some sun in March.

TheCOWDOG

Naw, man. We WHERE the route to the south for opening season. If ya had enough $ to head to Florida, ya stopped in Raleigh for a couple games.

We was poor. Our head coach was busy with basketball, Willis was busy with the swim team. Hell no. We fended for ourselves.

Quite well.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

f-ck the Gators.

yes…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I was telling a Chauncers fan barkeep yesterday that most of us wolven sort were pullin’ for ’em to take out LSU. I think that speaks well of us to not be sore losers when someone just shows heart and beats us fair and square, and ain’t jackasses about it. A worthy foe, and I feel good for ’em. They deserve the Omaha trip.

Dude was nice enough to turn the channel to the Belgium game for me, too so I could see my man Romelu Lukaku do…nothing. But perhaps that will keep him in Merseyside blue one MOAR season, so silver linings and all that.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey, one good thing about the coast is that being in a bar in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday is not frowned upon. So at least you got that going for you.

Would love to see Coastal take it all. Gators are a tough one right out of the gate. Will be rooting hard for them.

tractor57
    Participant

I also am pulling for Coastal. Good team, played well and semi local but I need to call my cousin (an alum) and give him crap just because 🙂

YogiNC
    Participant

I took classes there when I was a senior in high school so it’s one of MY schools. Go chicken little! That’s what the USC (carolina version) pukes useta call ’em. This year the Chants can thumb their nose at ’em cause SC is watching from the sofa. GO COASTAL.

BTW, this one is for you CD, that was just when going braless was becoming a “thing’ and one of the best looking gals I’ve ever known came up to my desk, leaned over to ask me a question, knowing that her blouse was hanging down and giving me a thrill. She knew she drove me nuts and that I was still in high school and younger than her. The summer after that I was playing in a band in Myrtle Beach and she would come in the bar quite often and we’d have some ‘fun’ on the old bus we had for driving to our gigs. I’ve thought about that gal often. LOL.

Smarter than the average bear

TheCOWDOG

^ She knew you had “submariner” in ya, Yogi.

highstick
    Participant

Next time the “chicken littles” come to Cola to play football, watch out for 80 on the scoreboard. I actually call them the “Chandeliers”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

YogiNC
    Participant

LOL, I posted that just to set you up for a retort Stick. Sorry I didn’t catch that sooner. While Chandeliers is funny the guys from Coastal really do detest “Chicken Little”. I have a cousin who’s son was on the football team a few years back and when I relayed my story about the athletes I knew from my days there hating that term his reply was “We still do!” The expression on his face when he said it was priceless.

Smarter than the average bear

highstick
    Participant

Think they laid 70 on them two years ago and I was yelling for 80 just to get even for some of their baseball trash talk a few years before.

Actually no problem with the school at all. Have a few friends that are grads and one that served as Board Chair.

LOL, I posted that just to set you up for a retort Stick. Sorry I didn’t catch that sooner. While Chandeliers is funny the guys from Coastal really do detest “Chicken Little”. I have a cousin who’s son was on the football team a few years back and when I relayed my story about the athletes I knew from my days there hating that term his reply was “We still do!” The expression on his face when he said it was priceless.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 11 posts - 476 through 486 (of 486 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.