PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL

Home Forums StateFans Basketball PUT DOWN THE FOOTBALL AND PICK UP THE ROUND BALL

Viewing 76 post (of 76 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

The only answer to the question is to do a better job of pounding the ball in to Yurt, Lennard, and Abu, and let them attack the rim or pass it back out to the open man.

I agree with this. The ball has to go inside and threes have to go inside out. It’s the only chance we have.

Freeman is an easy target, and the issues there are well discussed, but we have other issues on the perimeter. Fan favorite Beverly is putting up good and efficient numbers that are impressive for a freshman, but I don’t think we’re going to win a ton of games this season with him as a starting PG. He’s a good combo who can swing over to PG to spell the starter. By the time he’s a senior, more experienced and stronger, he’s going to be a poor man’s Corch.

Dorn’s a better PF than a SF. Unfortunately he’s outmatched physically at PF in the ACC. Last year he clearly got hurt, but this year I think his production will drop due to match ups.

I like Batts’ game. It reminds me a lot of Cat’s as a freshman. Whether Batts follows that same arc remains to be seen. I think Cat put a lot of work into his game that our fans didn’t always recognize.

I like Hunt. He is a good shooter. He seems like a high volume player off a bad smaller team.

Unfortunately when you put it together and we just have very little in the 1-3 slots. KK seemingly wants to play 4 around 1, yet we’re playing two post players most of the time. It’s a mess.

Viewing 76 post (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.