Post Season Tournament – Accept or Decline?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Post Season Tournament – Accept or Decline?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

I think the general sentiment for the basketball season is “let’s just be done with it”. However, I would not be surprised to see us get an invitation to the new Las Vegas tournament, The Vegas 16. There are a couple of reasons. First, they want major program teams. Second, they want teams who have a marquee player. And third, Debbie Antonelli is one of a 4 person selection committee. This would be different than other tournaments in that it would be more like a bowl game. All teams will hang in Vegas for the week, and would have outside activities like a bowl game. Its scheduled for March 26-30.

My initial thought was, “no way”. But the more I think about it, it might be fun to watch our guys play a few more games.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think the players would enjoy it and it would get them a little extra experience….I say go for it.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

It sounds enticing, but I have concerns about Frenchie’s leg and Mav’s foot – Frenchie more so. Cat’s elbow doesn’t seem to be too concerning, who knows?. We need guys to get healthy and then get in some good conditioning going into next year.

tractor57
    Participant

^ This would also be my concern. Minus the injuries I’m all for more playing time but given the injuries I’m not so sure.

Wufpacker
    Participant

redisgood
    Participant

Haha, I think we have a winner.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Might be interesting. I’m going to be in New Mexico through the 23rd. it’s just a quick jump to vegas from there.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

If it means I get to see Cat in a N.C. State jersey at least one more time: He11. Yes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

No means no.
    No is always no.
    When they say no.
    They mean 1,000 times no.

jolenecrist9
    Participant

LRM
    Keymaster

Every single person in the athletic department should be fired if they do this.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

pretty much this

44rules
    Participant

How about we do what the kids want? If they want to play, let them play. If they don’t, don’t.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

pakfanistan
    Participant

Why?

Packzingo
    Participant

44 rules
    I was going to say the same thing!
    Maybe this would be more of a “fun” road trip experience and perhaps a game or two will allow someone to gain another smidget of experience 🙂

pakfanistan
    Participant

No, no. Internet nerds might be overcome with shame if State played in March and wasn’t in the NCAA tournament.

choppack1
    Participant

I am in the camp that if players want to do this then do it. I will pull for them if they do.

If I was them I would want to play.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t think they REALLY want to play, quite frankly. They are mentally and physically exhausted. There’s a lot of social pressure to SAY that you do if asked, otherwise you look like “quitters” – but that’s why the staff/administration needs to step up and be grown ups here.

Yeah, we would play in the NIT. This ain’t the NIT. We have a losing record, FFS.

LRM
    Keymaster

Because there’s no way to sell any March tournament relying on sub-.500 major programs as anything beyond a shameless, self-serving money-grab by the athletic department.

It’s time to call it a season, get some rest and come back focused on next season.

redisgood
    Participant

It was interesting to see the SFN twitter poll resulted in 53% in favor of playing. But it might be a moot point anyway. There is a good chance the Vegas 16 may not even get off the ground. Probably for the best.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Post season play is a reward for a good season.

Do I need to finish the thought ???

redisgood
    Participant

The Pack have declined the invite. Probably the best thing as those have said earlier. Cat needs to rest and get healthy for the NBA workouts, and everyone else just needs to get healthy and work on developing their games for next year. Gott and staff need to hit the recruiting trail and find us a couple of bigs as well as locking up some guys for 2017.

Rick
    Keymaster

The Pack have declined the invite. Probably the best thing as those have said earlier. Cat needs to rest and get healthy for the NBA workouts, and everyone else just needs to get healthy and work on developing their games for next year. Gott and staff need to hit the recruiting trail and find us a couple of bigs as well as locking up some guys for 2017.

Hopefully Gott pulls out a rabbit because right now there is very little chatter about this years class.

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ That is why he needs to work super hard, just like he did after the Sweet Sixteen ended last year. Hey, it got us Ghost Face Killa.

Wufpacker
    Participant

The Pack have declined the invite.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.