Pictures of NC State's new uniforms

Home Forums StateFans Football Pictures of NC State's new uniforms

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

MrPlywood
    Participant

I don’t know what that body/mind graphic is all about, but the wrong words are in quotes. It should be

When my body shouts “stop”, my mind screams “never”.

Just bugs me to see that. This sort of stuff comes out of NCSU all the time.

TheCOWDOG

Ply, my man…ya hit the finish line a nose ahead.

The never ending search for identity, and the good has always been right there, smack dab in the face.

Lawdy,Lawdy.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Dumb. Did our folks take their communications and lit courses at u*nc?

redcanine
    Participant

Glad to see the comma being used correctly. #wolpfack

highstick
    Participant

When you have a “big butt”, you shouldn’t dress like that! Are you kidding me? Clown suits really don’t do much for me!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Maybe Sir Mix-A-Lot signed on as a sponsor.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Hey, we’re not one of those traditional powerhouses that can just continue to use conventional punctuation rules. Sometimes you just have to mix it up a little. If using unconventional punctuation gets recruits interested, I’m all for it. Supposedly, there was one recruit who committed primarily based on the non-standard use of quotation marks in that statement in the picture. True story.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The problem with literary criticism is the tendency for the critic to presuppose that he knows what the writer meant to say better than the writer himself….

By shifting the quotes to the verbs the writer adds emphasis to the emotional intensity of the opposing parties present in the “battle within”…. and away from their actions and the outcome….

Intended or otherwise, the point is there’s very little wrong here… as the writer is telling us how he feels…
    Not so much what he thinks… and even less… what we should think.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    LRM
    Keymaster

“Never ending search for identity.” The College football world we occupy is ruled by 17 yr olds with stars beside their name.

Gotta say this about that black/red/red combo: if we’re gonna act like a MAC team, may as well look like one.

packbackr04
    Participant

It also looks like the sign above the wolves says “the Law of the Jungle” which is interesting because I was unaware Wolves inhabited jungles.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Sorry Bill, I disagree. The graphic is an example of poor punctuation. I’m not critiquing the message, just the execution.

PackofMac
    Participant

Well unless the jersey says something new behind his hands what’s new about the uniform, other than the new helmet? And it does appear the wall says “the law of the jungle”….and if it does wow. unreal

StandardStatefan
    Participant

I believe “law of the jungle” would be in reference to rupyard kings the jungle book:

“NOW this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
    And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back;
    For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”

pakfanistan
    Participant

I believe “law of the jungle” would be in reference to rupyard kings the jungle book:

“NOW this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,<br>
    And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back;<br>
    For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”

That is correct.

Skip ahead to ~3:30 after wp blows away the time info from the link.

bTHEredterror
    Participant

I believe if you look closely, you’ll see the area where the open quotation mark should be is obscured by the arms of a man reaching over the door frame to touch the sign.

TheCOWDOG

Hey, bTHEredterror.
    It’s always good to hear from you.

You’ve been places, man.

…But he doesn’t seem to be touching the sign, rather more like…Hanging?

🙂

bTHEredterror
    Participant

I’ll go with hanging my man, thank god for football. It gets us talking bout ‘portant stuff, like punk-shi-a-shun on motivational signs!

MrPlywood
    Participant

re: important stuff – on the face of it this is a minor example, but it’s attention to detail man! In my opinion, everything counts, or else you end up with “Wolpfack”, ripping off video concepts and field logo ideas from other teams. Instead of “Our State” it becomes “Our Mistake”.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.