Pi Kappa Phi disbanded at NCSU; Greek System under review

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Pi Kappa Phi disbanded at NCSU; Greek System under review

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NCSU88
    Participant

http://www.technicianonline.com/news/article_077408c6-d32e-11e4-b7b9-73130f327818.html

Pi Kappa Phi disbanded for inappropriate remarks in pledge book.

Woodson has appointed Mike Mullen, the vice chancellor and dean of academic and student affairs, to lead a review of NC State’s Greek system in conjunction with the Greek councils on campus, including the Interfraternity Council (IFC), National Pan-Hellenic Council, Pan-Hellenic Association and the Multicultural Greek Council.

“The review will assess whether fraternities and sororities are meeting the core values and high behavioral standards of the university, and will focus on a range of issues including sexual misconduct, substance abuse, and diversity and inclusion,” the statement set.

I was not a Greek, so cannot comment other then to say how this reflects badly on NCSU, much like the Oklahoma case a few weeks ago. One would think this day and age that people could just get along and not have such hateful and hurtful thoughts towards each other.

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

I was a male greek at state and the penalty seems harsh (I’m biased). Were the guys wrong for making these comments yes. Should a punishment be forthcoming so that NC State is clear where it lies with regard to racism, sexual misconduct… etc – absolutely. Suspend them for a year, sentence the chapter to community service or something.

I feel like the action to disband the fraternity was akin to buying your kid a muscle car and selling it after the first ticket. Now, its probably a different story if this particular fraternity stayed under the watchful eye of Paul Cousins (dean of student conduct or something another) for multiple major infractions. This could be the nail in the coffin. A bit harsh for a group of 18-20 year old first time offenders

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oh shit. Please let this not be a distraction before Friday’s game.

TheCOWDOG

Are you f#cking for real?

I got a box of crackers going stale that are more important than what happens to a frat.

And those saltines show better.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Are you f#cking for real?

I got a box of crackers going stale that are more important than what happens to a frat.

And those saltines show better.

Glad I had swallowed my Mt Dew before opening this thread.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I agree, I just know that the Oklahoma thing blew up into a big deal. Of course, there was video, which thankfully doesn’t appear to be the case here.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Boys will be boys…
    and so will girls….

And the first thing boys and girls should learn at college, if they haven’t already done so, is to keep your sh*t under the radar…

Fail…

But the can of worms here is there’s more than one greek organization on campus…
    Admin is just setting an example for the rest of ’em… and that’s the way it works.

Kids just need to grow up and get used to it.

*(S) Father of Four

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.