Panthers Look to Take the “Big Game”

Home Forums All StateFansNation Panthers Look to Take the “Big Game”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Yes, the “Big Game”. That’s right Roger Goodell….no royalties for you. Do not send me any cease and desist letters either.  I’ll wipe my [redacted]
    [See the full post at: Panthers Look to Take the “Big Game”]

Fastback68
    Participant

All right, all right, all right! Thanks for this.

Doug Williams won, Russell Wilson won, Can Cam Newton? Bronco trifecta.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I love me some Cam Newton, but I want this one most for Jerry Richardson, Ron Rivera, and Thomas Davis.

Mr. Richardson had the vision to bring an NFL franchise to the Carolinas. He succeeded. Some lean years, but also some really good ones. This is our second Super Bowl. Many franchises haven’t even been to one. The future looks bright. Thank you, Mr. Richardson.

Ron Rivera nearly lost his job a couple years ago. Now he has three staight division titles and two coach of the year awards. The players love playing for this guy.

And what can you say about Thomas Davis? He’s a warrior. He wants this one, badly. Would love to see him win it.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yeah, I agree. Davis has really earned it with his inspirational injury rehabs. Never gave up.

Native Charlottetean here. Would love to see the home team win.

Was in bumble—- SC earlier today and had a bronco clad car go by. Maybe it was BJD.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This game is a toss up …

Could go three ways…
    30-10 either way or down to wire… last team that scores wins…

IDK…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Catch. State shout out.

Texpack
    Participant

Pulling for Kubes in this one, but that was a catch. Extremely costly miss by the refs after the strip sack TD.

Fastback68
    Participant

Cam just needs a 35 point quarter ala 1987.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pulling for Kubes in this one, but that was a catch. Extremely costly miss by the refs after the strip sack TD.

I agree, I think it probably was. But call on the field rules the day in replay review. Couldn’t say for sure it didn’t touch the turf. Sucks tho.

Fastback68
    Participant

That —hole should be ejected.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Panthers climb back in … after a not unexpected “nervous” first quarter…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

So far this has turned out unfortunately as I suspected. One team appears to have spent the last two weeks dabbing around, talking about how “incomparable” they are, and in general drinking their own kool-aid while the other team went to work.

Fastback68
    Participant

Well played Denver

Wulfpack
    Participant

It’s a 6 point game. Denver can’t move it. It’s going to be a close one down the stretch.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Big plays were the difference in the first half…

more importantly, Cam appeared to look downfield at a blur …
    Halftime adjustments by coaches and the players abilities to implement will be important to the final outcome…

The Panthers have responded well to “late game pressure” all season…
    We shall see…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Sorry but this doesn’t appear to be the same team that we’ve been seeing at the end of the regular season and all of the post season. Too much putting the ball on the turf, inaccurate passes, dropped passes. Bronco’s pass rush is legit, but if the same Panthers team from two weeks ago showed up the Panther’s wouldn’t be losing right now..

add missed FG’s to the mix… crikey!

Will never understand why the leader of this team went out and created a distraction a week and a half before this game.

And for the record I don’t agree with what he said, but I have no problem with him saying what he believes. Just say it AFTER the Superbowl.

Fastback68
    Participant

Wow, can’t do anything right.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

well…

this is an old fashioned regular speed defensive dominated football game..
    panthers gonna get about 4 possessions to do something…

either somebody else makes a big play or Cam reaches back and finds some clarity…
    Pressure in multiple forms has him too tight to win this game…

or PeyPey goes out a champion….

Texpack
    Participant

As many times as Peyton Manning stuck it to Kubiak, he better come through for him today. This has followed the script that I’ve said all along Denver needed if they were going to win. I still like the Panthers if I had to place a wager.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

crunchtime…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Time to eat some of that humble pie.. I hope they learn what not to do right before the big game if they can make it back in the future.

Fastback68
    Participant

Peyton Manning goes out a winner. Congrats! Ties little bro, Eli.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

7 sacks and bunch more hits on Newton by the Bronco’s defense…

Jerry needs to draft/trade for some O line help…

Cam has learned his lesson…
    He’s a winner…. just not tonight….

Texpack
    Participant

Put Kubiak and Wade Phillips with a competent GM and they look like brain surgeons. If anybody thinks Rick Smith deserves to still be employed after watching the Broncos this season, they’re nuts.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Congrats to Peyton and the Broncos. That was some defensive performance. Good ‘ole butt kicking. Hope the Panthers can learn from it and rebound. Future is very bright. Glad to see Peyton go out a winner. All time great.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.