Palm's Bracketology: Updated on Monday

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Palm's Bracketology: Updated on Monday

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Guess what? State is one of the Last Four ‘In’

Link

Last four in: Ohio State, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Xavier
    First four out: Temple, Alabama, Davidson, Texas A&M

Still a LONG way to go.

PapaJohn
    Participant

not again!!!!!

nav
    Participant

Perfect. This is where we were meant to be. Heck, we’ve been on the bubble pretty much every year since the middle of the Sendek years.

charger17
    Participant

Agree completely. As I said in a post 20 days ago:

Must wins: Va Tech, Clemson, WF (done) 3-0

3 out of 5 wins: @WF, @FSU, @Clemson, @BC, @Miami 3-2

2 out of 3 wins (and really where we find out things): Syracuse, ND, Pitt 2-1

If we can produce these eight wins, this gives us 10 games to lose, the above three and then the following seven: @GT, @Louisville, UNC, @UNC, Duke, UVA, @UVA. I think we would need to win 2 of these 10 going into the ACCT to have a shot. This would leave us at 19-12 overall.

The interesting thing is the schedule. Technically, we could be 1-6 going into the must win Clemson game and still be on schedule, but having burned through 6 of our 8 losses, leaving a complete turn-around kind of season as our only hope. I think we’ll know whether there’s a realistic chance 5 games in. If we’re 1-4, we’re playing for an NIT berth. If we’re 2-3, we’re on schedule and have some must wins coming up before the end of January. If we’re 3-2, we’ve put it together and inside looking out.

After the FSU win, we were in great shape – 3-2. We’ve given up every bit of that ground over the last two games. Still not “behind schedule”, but back to straddling the fence.

Next three games are HUGE! Clemson at home and WF on the road are quite simply must wins. At GT is a must win to give us breathing room. After the @WF game, it gets really tough. Honestly, with our current level of play, at that point, VT is the only expected win remaining.

ancsu87
    Participant

^ I thought we were 4-2 after FSU win.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.