Pack9 Outlasts Miami, Clinches Championship Game Berth

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack9 Outlasts Miami, Clinches Championship Game Berth

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Baseball found themselves in yet another extra-inning affair with ACC Championship implications on Friday night.  Two years ago State fell 2-
    [See the full post at: Pack9 Outlasts Miami, Clinches Championship Game Berth]

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Wufpacker, here is the video of the play:

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Great comeback win. Crowd was awesome.

It will be interesting to see how Avent handles the staff for tomorrow’s game. Does he start Piedmonte or start him on Sunday?

Would he pitch some of the guys who haven’t thrown as many innings this year, such as Williamson and Stone, and keep Gilbert, Olczak, Orwig, Britt, and DeJuneas ready for Sunday?

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Sweetness!! I hadn’t seen the replay until now. GoPack only just put their write-up up and I had just added it, but hadn’t yet added the vid. Glad you already did 🙂

Fun Game, to say the least.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Cool vid 🙂

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Indeed.

And after seeing it on replay, I’m even more concerned that Palmeiro might need tomorrow off. Those dudes might as well have given him the piledriver. Yikes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I had to drive a kid to a sleepover last night (in f-ing FUQUAY, no less). When I left my house, I had flipped to fast-pitch Lady Pack anyway, in hopes of being cheered up (since my Cardinals were also getting shelled, and Lance Lynn looked hurt to me). It was working, early 1-0 lead!

So, I drive 25 minutes to BFE, and get pulled over on the way back, because of course I do. I am dead honest with the cop when he asks me if I know why he pulled me over “I was driving too fast” and if I had any reason “No, I just dropped my kid off at a sleepover, I’m tired, and started going too fast trying to get home.”

Saving grace for the day – cop was super nice, and doesn’t give me a ticket. Maybe because I at least answered his questions honestly, and wasn’t drunk. Then I get home, just in time to see the Ducks pound us for a 4-spot. I’ve heard no encouraging news from Durham, so I don’t even bother checking. I just futz around online for 10 minutes and go to bed.

NICE SURPRISE, Pack 9! I will see you for Pack 9 appreciation night in about 11 hours, since I am the gracious recipient of Wuf’s extra ticket!!

charger17
    Participant

If you went to bed early, you missed a great game. My brother’s family and my family all ended up at my parents house to watch (we’re in TN). You could feel we still had something in us, but after chances in the 9th and 10th, I thought we might be falling behind a little.

The adults in the room were acting like a kid on Christmas morning when we saw home umps arms fly out to the sides. What a game, what a win. Go Pack!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Raffy’s progeny wins it on a Little League HR. TOO MUCH FUN.

Don’t worry, I won’t risk my Charlie Brown jinx factor by attending the finale, just tonight’s scrimmage.

For a sense of how HUGE it would be to get the monkey off our back Sunday…has anyone calculated what our wolven record is in conference finals (combined) since our last “Big Three” sports championship? My brain says the goose egg streak has to be at least 12, right?

TheCOWDOG

I admit to quiting when Avent refused to sac in the 8th. Pinch hitting for Fincher caused an apoplectic seizure, for good measure.

I absolutely love how these kids overcome so many hurdles placed in their path.

Tonight will be a nice night out. See ya at Tobacco Road.

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks for the video. I’ve watched it 20x. That type of celebration has been missing for a long time. Sheer joy displayed by players and fans. Win out boys and girls.

Wufpacker
    Participant

For a sense of how HUGE it would be to get the monkey off our back Sunday…has anyone calculated what our wolven record is in conference finals (combined) since our last “Big Three” sports championship? My brain says the goose egg streak has to be at least 12, right?

Dunno. Too long is all I know.
    For tonight, fans can relax and enjoy an nice night out. Sunday, battle armor.

Off to the demon’s lair. Hope to emerge at least in time to make first pitch, Tobacco Road would be a bonus of gargantuan proportions, but am aiming for it.

Dogbreath
    Participant

College baseball for me is easily my second favorite sport to watch behind football. NCAA basketball has become such a garbage game that’s it’s no longer even a close comparison. And college baseball is WAAAYYY better than MLB. Every at bat has me on the edge of my seat, there is much more strategy involved all over the field than in the MLB.

I can easily see college baseball becoming a pretty lucrative television deal in the coming years.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ll be there Sunday doing my part. Saving another Moon pic for tmrw morning too.

Pack78
    Participant

Looking like we will get the Noles on Sunday; currently leading the Ville 6-0 in the 8th…

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Man oh man. Just finished watching the replay. What a way to win. I remember getting a homerun like that in fifth grade. Shouldn’t have needed it if that play had been called safe at home in the earlier inning. He would have scored on the later hit. At least the good guys won in the end. That Caps For Sale rally cap was epic.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.