Pack9 Heads to ATL to Face GT

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack9 Heads to ATL to Face GT

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Baseball (24-9, 8-5 ACC) enters the back half of ACC play this weekend as they travel to Atlanta to face Georgia Tech (23-9, 7-5 ACC). The Pa
    [See the full post at: Pack9 Heads to ATL to Face GT]

Trout
    Participant

If I was trying to start a heavy metal band, Deatherage might not be a bad name.

Team has been playing really well, but some very good teams coming up. Basically, almost the entire Top 25 is either ACC or SEC teams.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yep. Definitely coming up time to put up or shut up. A month from now we could be a national seed, or out of the tourney, or anywhere in between.

And yeah, I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s noticed that about Deatherage’s name.

Death Rage!!!!!!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Can’t we just play the Braves instead? They’re, like, SUPER shitty.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack takes down GT in game one….8-3 Final.

44rules
    Participant

Cold game at the Tech ballpark. Corey struggled with control but battled through 5 plus. Bats woke up and Tech’s defense fell apart.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Great win. Great game. I was watching the replay on ESPN3, so heading into the 9th I could tell there was quite a bit of time left. The way the game was going, I assumed it meant GT was going to tie the game and take it into extra innings. Didn’t see that meltdown coming. That’s got to be a bad feeling with 2 outs left to just not be able to get off the field. GT had some sweet double plays. That SS can get the ball out of his hand in a hurry.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Oh, and how bout those Deacs?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Great win last night. OUCH on the GT Bee’s errors. BUT, Avent said….”Been there….done that….know how it feels”.

Question for the ESPN3 gurus or users. I rarely use it, but watched the last three innings on it. About midway into the 8th, I plugged in my Dell Win7 Pro laptop to an HDMI cable to a Sony TV. Killed the screen and went with “Projector Only” setting.

Video, due to my ISP was about 2/3’s so it was NOT Full Screen HD watchable. Just let it stay in the normal mode with about 1/3 of screen used. This is a 49″ Ultra 4K Sony LED…less than 4 months old. It also has an integrated Sony Sound bar so that the TV speakers are disconnected and there is an HDMI output to the sound bar. NO problems with that….use it on an older VHS/DVD player with NO ISSUES.

I also have used the Dell on the Den system…only difference is the Sound Bar is used as a video switch..

In the past, the Audio is flaky. Sometimes on the Den, the audio will feed through…other times it does not make the trip. I have actually pulled the Den feed and went to the bedroom (with an older LED) and used that. BINGO, the audio worked fine….

Last night, the audio did not make the trip. I fussed and fumed and then turned up the Laptop speakers. After about 3 – 5 minutes….the “systems” sort of reset or maybe the audio “JUST CAME ON”. The TV THEN had full HD audio, via the Sound Bar….I had to turn it down as I had cranked up the sound bar previously thinking it was a low gain feed.

ALSO, miracles of miracles….the Laptop’s speakers TURNED OFF. It was like the Laptop was only putting out a Video Signal….then after a while, it said….DUH…this is HDMI. Do you think that the guy wants us to feed the Audio as well? THEN the Laptop killed the feed to the speakers and fed the audio over the HDMI cable.

Given the time lag, that is PROBABLY what happened the last time in the den…but I blamed the Sound Bar and TV, since they were not using ARC for that. Last night, in the normal ARC mode, they worked fine….but never got the Audio until much later.

CURIOUS if anyone else has this issue? Thanks…

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Roo, I’ve never tried to specifically toss the ESPN3 feed onto the TV bcuz my picture quality is always better on the tablet so I watch ESPN3 exclusively on that now (or the phone if I’m oot and aboot). And it’s been a while since I’ve hooked laptop to TV at all since getting a smart TV.

But in the past, I have had similar sound/picture issues that you describe. I always figured that it was my laptop being not too smart about….well, anything. A reboot always seemed to clear it up tho.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Thanks for the update. We caught two of the three UVA games in Charlottesville but that may be all we get to see this year. We were a bit error prone but still managed a good showing. I hope they continue to keep improving defensively, they seem to have enough offense.

Texpack
    Participant

Roo I’ve always had good luck taking the HDMI from my iPad to my TV. I have crappy bandwidth so I don’t have HD’s address on ESPN3.

Gowolves
    Participant

It is a REALLY nice day in Atlanta, if you know what I am saying

choppack1
    Participant

Great to get a road win.

Gowolvs – i am guessing the sights are incredible on this late spring day. And all I can say is if I wasn’t going to church I would be on my 10th beer right now. Got my check list done early… Would have been a good day for smoking, but alas that window has passed.

Pack78
    Participant

Game listed to start at 7PM actually started at 4-missed it…good news is the Pack slammed the Bees 15-6 today.

BJD95
    Keymaster

ah, was wondering why I couldn’t find the ESPN3 link!

Gowolves
    Participant

Great to get a road win.

Gowolvs – i am guessing the sights are incredible on this late spring day. And all I can say is if I wasn’t going to church I would be on my 10th beer right now. Got my check list done early… Would have been a good day for smoking, but alas that window has passed.

Actually I was at work. Keeping track of it in the background. The Wolfpack starting pitcher had a no-hitter and maybe a perfect game through 5 2/3. At that point I think he had only thrown 60 pitches. Efficient to say the least. Didn’t want to come right out and say it. It’s not a superstition if it’s true.

choppack1
    Participant

Thanks go wolves. Shows where my deviant mind is.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Yowzah! They are pouring on the runs this series for sure. Hope they saved a few for today.

Pack78
    Participant

^Clearly, nobody is stealing Jobu’s rum…

Wufpacker
    Participant

My apologies if the start time error was mine. I usually double and triple check those things so I’m 90% sure it was listed that way on the schedule at the time I wrote the piece. But checking the baseball twitter feed I don’t see anywhere where they announced a time change, so I very well might have screwed the pooch on that one.

FWIW I missed it live too and ended up watching it on replay last night.

Big win, big series win. Getting the sweep today would be huge.

Pack78
    Participant

Wuf-no mistake on your part, everything on GoPack listed the start time as 7…usually changes of that sort are posted there as well, but I didn’t see any notice of a change for yesterday.

44rules
    Participant

Luckily I was at the park Friday night, and they told us Saturday’s game was at 4. That’s a great place to watch a game – beautiful view of the Atlanta skyline, nice park. And our bats woke up early and often.

When I saw 7 on these interwebs I just figured they were televising it later on as opposed to live. Should have said something.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Gowolves
    Participant

Wufpacker, I had the same game time as well. I posted it on the Wake Forest thread. Unless that’s where you got your info. 🙂 I don’t think you were wrong. Either they moved it up or the information we got was wrong.

BJD95
    Keymaster

No Gulag for Wuf!! 😀

How is the finale coming along? Already streaming the SL/Cincy game.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.