Pack to be in the 2015 Legends Classic

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack to be in the 2015 Legends Classic

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

Word has been spreading today that the Wolfpack will be part of the 2015 Legends Classic. LSU, Arizona State , Marquette, and NC State will be the fou
    [See the full post at: Pack to be in the 2015 Legends Classic]

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Too bad that Herb will not be coaching the Sun Devils next season. Nope, he’ll be the new coach of the Cheats after Roy ‘retires’ at season’s end.

I mean it only makes sense – Cheats fans love Herb, who to them is ‘top-shelf coach’ who runs a ‘clean’ program. Cheats fans just couldn’t understand why so many State fans were frustrated or fed-up. There you go: BOOM. Perfect fit. The Cheats need to ‘clean up their image’ and ‘value integrity’ while ‘doing things the right way’ – Herb, Herb, HERB.

Also, Bubba’s not really cutting it. It’s time to bring in Todd Turner to really clean things up and re-classify the athletics department and annex it into humanities studies and intramural sports.

Who knows who the ASU coach will be.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Herb is toast. Did you see the beatdown they got last night? Down 41-9 at halftime and lost by more than 40+ points. Not a recipe for long term success.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Also, Bubba’s not really cutting it. It’s time to bring in Todd Turner to really clean things up and re-classify the athletics department and annex it into humanities studies and intramural sports.

Hmmm, I think Jed Clampe….I mean Lee Fowler would be a better choice.

BassPacker
    Participant

Herb is the Legends tournament….how fitting, lol. Herb is not going anywhere. ASU Athletic Dept is a lot like ours was under Lee Fowler…the light is on but the building is always dark and the switch is broken. Have read some grumbling about same all average teams, has reached ceiling and how he has a clean program…yada yada yada Herb is like 40-70 in conference since Hardin went pro. The fans have mentioned Archie as his replacement and remind me of some of the post here that worried Archie will not be there for the taking long. Byron Scott is also mentioned. I for one hope Herb is still there and the Pack has the same results as Utah had last nite.

13OT
    Participant

40-70 in the Pac-12? But, but, but………Bill Walton insists that the Pac-12 is the greatest conference in the nation, so it’s understandable that HWSNBN might struggle a little bit against those powerhouses like USC, Colorado, Cal, Washington State and Oregon State. Desert b-ball is hard!

Herb was a PC hire by a female AD and I agree with BassPacker- he ain’t going nowhere. He’s an AWFUL coach.

An ASU-NCSU matchup will be a done deal.

Gowolves
    Participant

Did a quick and dirty search of coaches on the hot seat and he was not listed on any of them. He is not going anywhere.

James
    Participant

Herb is toast. Did you see the beatdown they got last night? Down 41-9 at halftime and lost by more than 40+ points. Not a recipe for long term success.

To some, a forty-point drubbing; to others, seeds of greatness.

Since74
    Participant

Hope we beat the crap out of him and put the whole issue to rest. Can’t believe there’s a thread about him now (not this one, the other one) and we’re still defending pushing him out. No one’s attacking us on that anymore.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

I’d much rather we were playing Arizona instead. I don’t even want to have to look at HWSNBN. He can stay out in the Desert for ever as long as I’m concerned. Bad memories should be left alone and that’s about as nice as I can put it.

44rules
    Participant

If you really want to see a change, make me UNC AD. I’ll fix things good.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

StateFans
    Keymaster

Did a quick and dirty search of coaches on the hot seat and he was not listed on any of them. He is not going anywhere.

Oh well…if the media isn’t talking about it then it surely won’t happen!! 🙂

ASU has new leadership. Not the same people that originally hired him and have supported him. People that have come from pro sports where accountability and winning matter. Their attendance is atrocious. Nobody cares. They will be lucky to finish at .500. Barely a top 100 RPI. YEAR NINE with only a single NCAA Tournament win…ever.

Writing is on the wall.

The only way he survives is if his contract is so expensive that they simply can’t afford it.

redisgood
    Participant

The guy might do well on Survivor.

2010: We’ve been holding off on Sendek based on his sterling reputation. But one win in the Pac-10 is plain ugly, and getting blown out at home by its biggest rival doesn’t help Herb’s cause.

2012: Herb Sendek, Arizona State
    Which college basketball coaches are on the hot seat in 2012-13?
    Coming off of a 10-21 season with the Sun Devils last year, Sendek caught a tough break when two of his assistants left for positions at other Division-I programs late in the summer, nearly rolling over his entire bench days before classes started at ASU.
    On the court, Sendek is losing his top two leading scorers from last year’s team, Trent Lockett, who transferred to Marquette, and Keala King, who was dismissed from the team for “unacceptable conduct.”
    The one bright spot for Arizona State will be the addition of electric point guard Jahii Carson, who was ruled academically ineligible last season.

2013: But, even Sendek may be at the end of his run in Tempe.
    ASU has gone 22-40 over the last two years, only winning 10 Pac 10 (now Pac 12) games over the last two seasons.
    Though the Sun Devils’ have gone 12-2 so far this season, eight of those wins came against teams with a 200+ RPI.
    Even in a so-so Pac 12, Sendek’s squad may still struggle to get to 18 victories.
    If so, ASU may be ready to start over with a new sideline leader.

2014: Herb Sendek, Arizona State
    The Sun Devils reached the NCAA Tournament last season, losing in the round of 64 to Texas. That should be a good omen for Sendek, but it’s also only his second NCAA appearance in eight seasons at Arizona State. With Jahii Carson gone, Arizona State could tumble down the Pac-12 standings. Arizona State allowed Sendek to rebuild for five seasons to get back after his first trip to the Tourney. Don’t bank on that kind of patience again.

Wolfanatic
    Participant
    Gowolves
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong I wish no ill will against him. Meaning I don’t wish for him to lose his job. At the same time I want the entire media to see him as he truly is and that is a mediocre coach at best who seems to have everyone in the media and other coaches fooled that he can coach not to mention a nice guy to boot. I met the guy once and he is far from a nice guy or cool dude. Of course that’s probably because he so introverted. He should be teaching music or English somewhere instead coaching basketball.

redisgood
    Participant

Sorry, I left out 2011.

6. Herb Sendek, Arizona State: With the help of James Harden, the Sun Devils were relevant a few years ago. However, Sendek has just one NCAA appearance in his five seasons in Tempe and he’ll need to make some headway after last season’s 12-19 record. The question is whether he has enough talent to get back in the top half of the league this season.

So counting this year, it is now 6 years in a row on the hot seat. That’s impressive!

(He should send James Harden 20% of his salary each year)

MP
    Participant

(He should send James Harden 20% of his salary each year)

He should send Julius Hodge 50%.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Doesn’t everyone know it’s NC State fans fault he is doing so bad at ASU??? If us horrible, unrealistic fringe group of fans hadn’t fired him then he’d have continued going to the NCAAT year after year at NC State. We are always the cause for him doing bad no matter where he is.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

At the same time I want the entire media to see him as he truly is and that is a mediocre coach at best who seems to have everyone in the media and other coaches fooled that he can coach not to mention a nice guy to boot.

^I’m sure they know. Once the Narrative gets started though, it must be protected at all costs. Facts, research, critical thinking and analysis – none of those things matter to the media – only the Narrative! Don’t let real world results get in the way of propping up a “good story” –

‘Tormented future HOF coach and best guy ever extends middle finger to greedy, overwrought, evil and petulant fanbase! Truly a sign of our times! The fans get theirs, and they had it coming! The fans wanted Herb fired, but it turns out he fired them … and they deserved it!’

F U Seth Davis, et al. Disgusting. Don’t ever admit you’re wrong, though. Can’t have that. The fanbase has always been unjustly skewered and wildly misrepresented in order to color a story, not once discussed with reason or validity. Even on the other points of contention – that Herb is a grade A coach who will do great things – history proves them wrong, but their un-objective, invalid ‘truth’ remains. Gets a little tougher when you’re not allowed to fire an assistant in order to hire the daddy of a star recruit, I guess. Oh, and where’s that story? F*****g hacks.

tjfoose1
    Participant

^I’m sure they know. Once the Narrative gets started
    though, it must be protected at all costs. Facts, research, critical thinking and analysis – none of those things matter to the media – only the Narrative! Don’t let real world results get in the way of propping up a “good story

Welcome to ‘journalism’ in the 21st century – agenda driven advocacy.

Rick
    Keymaster

Herb knows how to survive better than a cochroach. He hadsa half life. He has made millions of dollars be an awful coach but he knows whose butt to kiss and he does it very well. It is shocking he is still coaching Div I NCAA basketball.

SaccoV
    Participant

The animated gif of the Herb-infested dojo is still the funniest thing I have ever seen, and my most lasting memory of The Sunshine Wizard. I would assume the joke is true that a bald head is a solar panel for a coaching machine!! It certainly has helped him in the land of the sun!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.