Pack logs in at #30

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack logs in at #30

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

The college football polls are out this afternoon and NC State came in at #30 in the coaches’ poll with “Others receiving votes”. The AP poll has quit
    [See the full post at: Pack logs in at #30]

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Duke did beat a ranked team, which of course will get them more attention. Shame we don’t see them this year…thanks, John Swofford.

TheCOWDOG

It ain’t about rankings.

…Yet.

PackFamily
    Participant

I agree with CD. However, it will be nice to see us crack it and stay there.

Texpack
    Participant

We will probably need to get to 6-0 to be ranked, maybe even 7-0. The media still just hits the SEC button without paying attention to how well teams really are playing. Our domination of the cupcakes is about like that of Baylor or TCU. It’s been better than tOSU, Mizzou, Auburn and plenty of the other P5 schools.

Hopefully we can afford to upgrade the schedule in the coming years and our team will continue to grow into that upgraded schedule.

A lot of State fans don’t appreciate the massive advantage we have as a P5 program. If we keep winning, the rewards will be there.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Are we ordering rings? 😉

randygupton
    Participant

OOOPS. My bad. Y’all be right.

highstick
    Participant

Ditto to Cowdog and Packfamily…Way too early and the folks doing the polls really are “more than stupid”…why do we have to listen to their crap all season…it’s gotten totally out of hand…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Adventuroo
    Participant

I noted the inconsistency in the polls….and it does seem like the media looks for SEC first…..then they KNOW how to vote.

We are holding our own, however, SNACK TIME is over….need to make sure that we don’t suffer from low blood sugar this weekend. Bobby P. (I is a CHANNGED MAN) and the Louisville Cards be comin’ to town. Our “Rank”, in the OTHERS receiving votes bottom feeders ain’t gonna move the bookie’s odds one iota. Never figured out HOW a letter in the Greek alphabet became that insignificant…

BUT, not mentioned here is that Jacoby STILL has the highest QB Completion % in the country. Not by much…..he is 77.9% and the QB from UGA is 76.5%. BUT it is still number 1.

Wufpacker
    Participant
    Heelh8r
    Participant

I am very comfortable with not being ranked yet. We need to stay hungry and we need to earn it. Too many times we have gotten ranked and then lost a big game the very next week. If we can win the next three games, we will be ranked and we will be playing the biggest game of the year on October 31st.

PackFamily
    Participant

Too many times we have gotten ranked and then lost a big game the very next week.

Totally… remember VT in 2010?

While i am not too concerned if we are, i believe if we win by 2 td’s or more over UL we will be ranked 23-25th, depending on how those bottom ranked teams perform.

More importantly, UL is having some major problems, but they are the best 1-3 team in the country. Petrino is awesome and finding the holes in the field (aw yeah!) and may tear apart our secondary. Our DLine pressure will make the difference.

Adventuroo
    Participant

PackFamily,

Mr. Petrino has stated publicly and his wife has backed him up…..he no loner hunts or finds holes…..

Looking forward to the Pack not improving Mr. Petrino’s record or providing him with any “contract incentives” that could jeopardize his new found martial bliss or add to his “fleet” of toys….which might endanger his life. He is probably getting a bit old to riding his Harley in the Blue Grass country….

We just need to go out and chop and come away with a W….hope we have good weather.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Trivia Factoid…..

Coach Dave is now 15 – 14 at NCSU. That is really quite an achievement after starting out a 3 – 9. I guess a little “Sugar” has helped this season. Really feel positive about how he is developing the program.

Rick
    Keymaster

With Louisville not looking too impressive, BC losing their QB and VT getting whupped by ECU, a good record is looking very probable.
    I have no idea how good we actually are. We have looked impressive but not played anyone.

nav
    Participant

Being top 25 ranked has been the kiss-of-death of State for as long as I can remember. I always loved to see them ranked but knew it meant a disparaging loss was imminent.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Being top 25 ranked has been the kiss-of-death of State for as long as I can remember. 

True. But that was under different leadership when the Pack was made of different stuff.

PackFamily
    Participant

Being top 25 ranked has been the kiss-of-death of State for as long as I can remember.
    True. But that was under different leadership when the Pack was made of different stuff.

I agree with both. As long suffering Pack fans know (or even recent ones), we have not handled the success of a top 25 ranking. We obviously weren’t prepared to stay there. I also believe more in the current regime than any prior since my time (late 90’s).

it’s a paradox…hope we don’t play well enough to be ranked so we then lose and drop out. Is it better to just be bad enough to stay unranked? Lol

PapaJohn
    Participant

All we have done so far is exactly what the team was supposed to do. Beat four lesser opponents and improve the product on the field in preparation for the real season. And, as a bonus, we got to play a lot of the backups.

No chest thumping warranted at all.

Win three of the next four, then we can start having bigger dreams.

But I have to say, I really like the program’s trajectory.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

We barely beat the cupcakes last year….at home. BIG improvements this year. I expect to see a continuation of our improvement this weekend when we put on our big boy pants and play a worthy opponent.

Meanwhile, over at Cheater Hill, attendance has rebounded since the school began including virtual attendees who need only submit a note indicating their desire to attend the game. The note itself can be virtual. In fact, it can simply be a brief, passing thought. Thus the earlier declared attendance of just over 63, ooo,ooo. Rounding up, that’s 100,000,000.

redisgood
    Participant

They have also struck a deal with one of the local MacDonald’s to count their drive-thru customers as part of the official attendance, because it is highly probable these people are quite possibly considering maybe going to a football game at some point in their life, and since they are in Chapel Hill anyway, this could potentially be that day.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Looks like the Pack opened as a 5 point favorite. The Vegas consensus is now Pack -5.5

Adventuroo
    Participant

Regarding attendance, I was told that UNC had been inflating it FB attendance for YEARS….and it was seemingly, YESTERDAY’s News. OK, so I don’t get out a lot.

BUT, I did inquire and was told the attendance numbers (for the PNC….assume ditto for CF) in the Official Box Scores on GoPack.com are based on PAID ticket sales AND Distributed tickets to students….not the scanned data of those coming in.

At least we NOW know that what we read is what was SOLD/Distributed. We can make our own judgement calls as to the number or percent of empty seats.

It appears that Peter Anlyn has assisted UNC in their “attendance estimates”. I use estimates since they round them off. Mr. Anylyn is the noted Logistics Expert that provides “Crowd Data” to the local media and some of the groups that purport to have crowds rivaling a Cecil B. DeMill production (you have to be OLD to understand that). These events have been a Monday tradition when the Legislature is in session and the numbers have been estimated in the THOUSANDS or perhaps TENS of THOUSANDS…..and the local media has to do their camera angles properly so that the couple of hundred or so are photographed as MASSIVE.

However, Mr. Anlyn is also adept at the art of Bussing Logistics….where the protesters are bussed in from neighboring states and counties. Free meals, smokes, gift cards, etc are the usual bait. There is a REAL opportunity for UNC to improve their attendance by hooking up with Mr. Anlyn….since their Living Socials and Groupon 52% OFF campaigns have not exactly been the “ticket”….Someone needs to alert AD Cunningham of this missed opportunity….

Greywolf
    Participant

^This

Wolfgarden
    Participant

Well just one thing to say…”You Suck Carolina” PERIOD

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.