Pack Heads to ‘Ville…Upset Special?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack Heads to ‘Ville…Upset Special?

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

oh yeah… POPPPP!!!

choppack1
    Participant

Not happy – but we could see this happening… however, I didn’t see the offense being so bad in the first half. I think that’s really what sunk us.

BC comes at a perfect time.

Most importantly – any word on Dayes’ injury?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Most importantly – any word on Dayes’ injury?

as long as he’s back for the UNC game I don’t care anymore

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

word on the radio at the half… was that Dayes could play in the second half…
    but there was no reason to do so…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

It’s about time Deb gives the confidence contact extension.

choppack1
    Participant

Thanks Bill.

Onto BC. Really, that’s all that matters.

Some historical perspective – only time in nc state history when we have played 2 top ten teams on the road back to back.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

word on the radio at the half… was that Dayes could play in the second half…
    but there was no reason to do so…

hey! Dave and I agree on something! Things are looking up!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Bama A&M game is quality

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Some historical perspective – only time in nc state history when we have played 2 top ten teams on the road back to back.

I get it.. but to put up the performance against Clemson and come back with THAT? It looks bad.. especially considering Dave’s history here. It’s year #4. There will always be something, but today was not cool, man!

choppack1
    Participant

TAT – again, a little perspective.

When has nc state had 3 consecutive games like this – ever?

Last week, UT lost to Alabama 49-10 in flipping Knoxville.

What is much more important is how we faire in our final 5 games. Going into this year, I had the success / failure mark as 4-4 in conference / 7-5 overall.
    And that was before Louisville emerged as the best offensive team in football with the odds on Heisman favorite.

Let’s not act like the petulant children at pack pride.

choppack1
    Participant

Heck ; look at Auburn – Arkansas… Arkansas is down 21-0 and it’s only ghe the first half.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Respectfully, choppack, I point you to our 7-20 conference record. When will enough be enough? What’s the plan?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m just saying.. We were down 44-0 at halftime.. that’s not promising, regardless of who we are playing.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Which is a worse loss, this week or last week?

Last week for me. Because I got totally invested and sucked in.. I knew withing minutes after noon today would be bust.

AGREED. Last week just haunted me. I was depressed almost all of Sunday about it. Not just annoyed like today, but just head hanging low, moment replaying over and over in my stupid brain. IT HURT.

This was just…Mike O’Cain-ian embarrassing crap. No pain involved. I ran errands and moved on. Maybe daydreamed of Art Briles a little.

I did notice that the fella who coached across from DD in the MAC championship (and was the parallel hire) got the axe mid-season, Purdue played under an interim HC in Lincoln today.

NOTE: We should NEVER consider doing that to DD, just saying I took note of it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s about time Deb gives the confidence contact extension.

Although I doubt we are proactive enough to speed up her retirement in general, I equally doubt we’d let her do something like that and saddle the next person with an albatross.

choppack1
    Participant

If he shats in the bed and loses out or perhaps 4 of 5 this year. Else, let him coach a veteran team next year.

After Clemson, as painful as it was, we know that we are close.

And yes, this game was Mike o’cain bad – bit remember, 3 years after that game, we beat them 24-7 and moc didn’t get fired because he couldn’t beat great teams. He got fired because he couldn’t beat UNC.

Blowouts happen. Did you really think we were going 1-1 in this stretch.

Bjd – if that loss hurt you like that how do you think it made the team and coaches feel? Again, this season and perhaps dd’s tenure with come down to these next 5 games

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

He has to win at least 2 more conference games I think to keep pluggin away.. and with BC and Cuse on the docket it is entirely plausible. If not we need a coach who we don’t have to trust can learn on the job.

BJD95
    Keymaster

agreed, chop. That’s why I said going into the game there were many different ways our minds could go.

Plus we were up against a mastermind in Petrino, not a candlewatt-bulb like Dabo or Jimbo. In retrospect…perfectly understandable, and it still is very possible to wipe the slate clean afterwards and be good the rest of the way.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I don’t buy the playing with a hangover bit. I’ve had plenty, and competed with plenty. Don’t drink your own kool aid after a hurricane and a close loss. Clemson was easier to gameplan for, and they also laid an egg. We had a little to do with that, but the tigers hades 500 in offense, threw in uncharacteristic pick 6, and coughed it up three times on our side of the field.

Our offense was good enough to eat some clock, but hardly spectacular against Clemson. Today, the offensive gameplan was putrid, and the execution poor as well. Instead of attempting to smash Louisville, we tried to be cute. Defensive gameplan was bad. but given how many times we forced field goals and how long they stayed on the field in he first half, I can’t complain much. Not sure I saw a blitz until we were down 40. Said it all year long, the front four’s strength is not the pass rush. They need help from the blitz. The back 7 need help in coverage, and the only way is to force quick throws and take risks.

Scores are deceptive. The only difference between this week and last is that we stunk worse on offense, gave turned it over early, and Louisville put it in the end zone. As close as the final was last
    week, Clemson could’ve just as easily put up 30-40.

And it was optional to watch the tape? Really?

Fastback68
    Participant

Yow has f u tenure

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

And it was optional to watch the tape? Really?

Right? When I heard that my brain exploded.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I welcome basketball season.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

We’re not there talent wise, and unfortunately I think the lesson to our staff after the last two, is that we’re on the way.

Not so. Gameplans last week and this week had flaws, and until you close the talent gap, you better pretty much be flawless or take advantage of the oppositions miscues.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I saw this one coming following the heartbreak that was Clemson. Time to regroup, and we will. Can still have a very good season all things considered.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

At the end of the day, the W/L records speak for themselves.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.