Over time, Wilson reveals more about situation with TOB

Home Forums All StateFansNation Over time, Wilson reveals more about situation with TOB

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

I agree with chop. I also agree it it time to move on. If it set in motion the series of events that led us to where we are today, then all parties got what they deserved.

Tau837
    Participant

I think everyone has moved on.

But when it gets brought up in the news, and particularly when SFN blogs about it, fans will discuss. :shrug:

BassPacker
    Participant

Agree Tau837. The news loves little quotes like Wilson gave them about NC State/TOB. RW should be more appreciative where he is at rather than giving media and fans negative opinionated material. Specially a situation that can be debated if was handled right or wrong. Guess that’s what made my blood boil when first heard the comment(s). What was the point now?

freshmanin83
    Participant

I don’t see the problem in discussing what happened. I was not able to follow N.C. State closely at that time and was confused by what was going on with that whole situation. It is good to learn the truth. I thought at first RW was being kinda a punk about the whole situation. Now that people have shared the truth I see that is not the case. So thanks to those who shared and were willing to talk about it.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ll probably get blasted for saying this BUT….”cry me a river Russell”. He just needs to shut up…he made his decision to play professional baseball and TOB did not owe him anything. I was at senior day, Wilson went thru ceremonies and basically did what he told TOB, he told everyone in Carter he was playing baseball. If Wilson really was honest, his paultry stats on the diamond was more the factor in his decision to come back. I don’t fault TOB with his decision to stick by Glennon. You can’t have your cake and eat it too….Wilson announced he was gone, went thru the motions, and then decided to come back and cries about being kicked off? If I decide to leave my wife for some young blonde because everyone told me its where I should be and better move then decide to come back to my wife like nothing happened only to find the locks have changed and she’s moved on…well…you wouldn’t hear me saying “I was kicked out”. Life is full of hard choices, Wilson made his that senior day. TOB did the right thing, Glennon was the only one who should not have had the rules changed and they were not.

Bass is clueless and making up his own ‘facts’. Had respected his posts previously, agree or not. When someone states something of which you have no knowledge, you have one opinion. We someone emphatically states something you know to not be truthful through direct, first hand knowledge, you have another.

How much and for how long has Bass been talking out of his ass?

As for moving on, I think everyone has. That’s not the issue. It’s the regurgitation by the self righteous. I’m not talking about the blowhards who pretend to know what happen. I’m talking about the blowhards who pretend to know what happen who take it as an opportunity to rip others with lies, distortions, and presumptions.

Pretty pathetic. Makes one look rather small.

BassPacker
    Participant

“Bass is clueless and making up his own ‘facts’. Had respected his posts previously, agree or not.
    How much and for how long has Bass been talking out of his ass?”
    [/quote]

foose, not expected, just took longer than expected. I respect your opinion even if you don’t mine. Not sure WHO you say I ripped, only stated my opinion after Wilson said he was kicked off team. Never directed it at anyone cept maybe RW timing with statement on NC State experience.

What facts did I make up?

Wilson celebrated Senior Day ceremonies?
    Wilson stated he future was with professional baseball?
    Wilson stats on the diamond his last year at State was paultry?
    TOB had moved on with Glennon as starting qb?
    Wilson quote was not in anyones best interest with situation?
    Leaving wife for a young blonde is same as being kicked out?

tjfoose1
    Participant

Bass,

As I said, I had respected your posts, and opinions, still do. Admittedly, I came off a little harsh, but I get sick and tired of people assuming they know a story and thereby help to perpetuate false assumptions, especially when it’s done with condescending overtones.

You blew it on this one. You’re basing opinions on what you’ve heard, what the media has reported, and your own suppositions to fill in the blanks. Today’s media is rarely trustworthy. They can get it wrong through bias, incompetence, laziness, or lack of resources. Not sure which it was in this case, but they only got a small piece of the story, and what they reported, they got a big piece of it wrong.

As he was headed to Asheville in 2011, RW told me directly (as he had before) that he’d be back for football. I was aware of TOB’s gentle nudging out the door, but neither of us expected he wouldn’t be permitted to return in the Fall. TOB being the Marine and man that I thought he was, I certainly expected TOB to honor the promise and commitment previously made to RW regarding his playing both sports. I was wrong.

There’s more to the story than is publicly known. Spring ball was a pretext. Mutually exclusive promises were made. Obstinance ruled the day.

But it was all RW’s doing from one perspective. He turned out to be a lot better than the staff that inherited him expected. He was only supposed to be a serviceable stopgap. That was the true genesis of the problem. Well, that combined with that obstinance.

And for those wondering, the baseball thing is not a ploy. No, he’s not considering passing on football, but he’s not giving up on baseball either. It is still his goal to earn his way and play in the major leagues, even if only briefly.

Believe what you will. This cat is different. Too many keep applying their own sensibilities when trying to figure him out.

TheCOWDOG

Well damn, ‘Foose. I applied some sensibilities along the way, too.

😉

Ruskie likes the wink. I shall adopt.

One truth…(sensibilty, if you will)

I said it then, and now.
    Had he been promoted to double A by the June draft, there would have been no Wisco. Hell. There might not have been a SB ring.

…But…there damn well should have been a Sr.year in Raleigh.

rthomas44
    Participant

Yow should hire TOB back and fire him again because it feels soooo good. and by the way, Glennon was never anything but lucky and not often. Ask anyone in TB.

Master
    Participant

Fact: Glennon was a graduate and could have come back or moved on without sitting out a year
    Fact: Wilson was a graduate pursuing a baseball career
    Fact: TOB was a head football coach who was responsible for making the best decision for the future of the football team
    Fact: Glennon knew that if Wilson came back, Wilson would start
    Fact: Glennon needed to make a career decision to stay or go and it was based completely on Wilson’s plan to commit
    Fact: Wilson was under contract to a pro baseball team and wanted another opportunity to earn a chance to play in the Show. He was committed to his contract.
    Fact: Wilson would not commit to another year of football at NC State
    Fact: TOB made the ONLY decision that would 100% insure a returning QB for the following season on the date the decision needed to be made

There is no debate on these facts unless you just refuse to accept them. TOB was a million dollar decision maker. Glennon was a future NFL starter. Wilson would not / could not make a decision to play football because he already had a pro baseball contract. All three actors had a chance to keep the “bird in hand” or make a fateful decision. Wilson would not make it, so TOB was forced to.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Fact: Wilson should have been the starting QB at NCSU for one more year.
    Fact: There is no debating the fact stated above.
    Fact: Period.
    Fact: End of discussion.
    Fact: Because I say so.
    Fact: Shhh!
    Fact: 🙂

tjfoose1
    Participant

Fact: Master doesn’t know facts from assumptions, presumptions, and opinions.
    Fact: His below ‘facts’ are anything but, with several of them already proven wrong by simple history.

Wilson was a graduate pursuing a baseball career (remove ‘career’)

Glennon needed to make a career decision to stay or go and it was based completely on Wilson’s plan to commit (obviously not since TOB made sure Wilson’s plan wound up having no bearing)

Wilson was under contract to a pro baseball team and wanted another opportunity to earn a chance to play in the Show. He was committed to his contract. (Obviously not since he paid back the money and went to Wisconsin)

Wilson would not commit to another year of football at NC State (except that he did)

TOB made the ONLY decision that would 100% insure a returning QB for the following season on the date the decision needed to be made (not true, for so many reasons)

wow. This site gets pretty dumbed down this time of year.

Master
    Participant

Talk about facts and presumptions, Freshman and Foose are making the assumptions. Yes, I agree, Wilson should have been the starter one more year. All he had to do was commit. He had a chance and he did not take it. It’s all on Russell Wilson who also happens to be one of my all time favorite State players.

choppack1
    Participant

Master – just curious – do you wonder why a version of events contrary to what foose has indicated from those with access to tob or staff hasn’t emerged?

There are many who claim to have inside knowledge that corroborate foose’s version of events. I haven’t seen any who claim to have inside knowledge that corroborate a version of events that is more favorable to tob. Granted, tob is nothing of not stubborn and headstrong and he might not care

freshmanin83
    Participant

master – is this your last name or do you … anyway please do me the courtesy of not taking my above post seriously, I did the same for you. ; )

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.