Open Thread: College Basketball, NFL Conference Championship games

Home Forums All StateFansNation Open Thread: College Basketball, NFL Conference Championship games

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Re: throwing to Sherman – I have no idea. That was a no-brainier. Great game, just wish GB was on the other side of the score.

Fastback68
    Participant

I have a Baltimore Colts shirt that several people offered to buy while I was at State. Bert Jones vs raiders 1977 playoffs. Wish he could have that one pass back. I also vaguely remember a MNF game where Bert was really in a lot of pain but willed a victory over Billy Kilmer Redskins team. Time flys.

redcanine
    Participant

Alright, I’ll be THAT guy…

I’m sick of those domestic violence commercials where these celebrity actors get all choked up and can’t even get a word out. They’re poorly directed. It doesn’t come off as a candid, caught off guard moment. They’re staring right at the camera for goodness sakes! And these actors… they’re supposed to know the difference, and men should know not to beat on women and children (or anyone else). The message is lost. What’s the point? There’s not even a voice over spot at the end. These commercials do nothing to raise awareness to domestic abuse. Anyone can chop an onion and get a runny nose. The only emotional response I’m having is annoyance, instead of empathy or sympathy. They completely missed the mark, IMO.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

No Luck for that Team from Indy tonight…

Arrogance Rules… in Foxboro….

————-

Looks like Super Bowl XLIX will become an EPIC battle between Good and Evil…
    a modern day David and Goliath… of sorts.. for those who find poetry on the gridiron…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Seattle ain’t no David. They are your defending Super Bowl champ. Good vs Evil? Perhaps. It is going to be epic for sure.

Wufpacker
    Participant

and I was a REAL Colts fan as a kid – Unitas, Mackie, Mattie etc.
    and haven’t EVER pulled the team in INDY that calls themselves The Colts…

Don’t get me started 😉

Only sad thing about tonight’s Colts beat down is that NE is the one giving it to them.
    Which I suppose is ironic since I came to hate the Pats due my childhood Colts fandom, long before most folks got on the bandwagon.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wufpacker… you weren’t the only kid on the block who wasn’t a Redskins fan … too… were you ??

MrPlywood
    Participant

Just read that Bostick, the guy who muffed the onside kick, was supposed to block and not field. You can see Nelson had perfect position right behind him. Assignments people!

tjfoose1
    Participant

Good thing we got rid of Wilson.
    He was used up anyway and making too many mistakes. It was time for Glennon to have his chance.

Everyone knows that an unknown is way better than a demonstrated once in a lifetime player.

/sarcasm

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wufpacker… you weren’t the only kid on the block who wasn’t a Redskins fan … too… were you ??

Haha, no….fortunately I had backup.

My group of friends were mostly Colts fans/’Skins haters, though a few of them swung both ways so to speak.
    When we were older and combined into the Middle School (and then High School) with kids from the next ‘burg over, most of them were ‘Skins fans, which made for pretty distinct battle lines.

Always ticked me off that the little bastards still considered themselves O’s fans though, since back then DC was between MLB gigs. But then again, we did root for the Caps (no NHL in Baltimore, though the old AHL Clippers games were a friggin’ blast) and the Bullets (which were pilfered from Baltimore, you might recall).

But still, kid logic rules all, and ‘Skins fans were just fundamentally wrong.

tjfoose1
    Participant

But when you’ve got guys like we’ve got
    on our team, some wolves, they fight like a wolf pack, soyou can’t ever turn your back on a wolf pack.”

— Seahawks Defensive tackle Tony McDaniel on trailing 19-7

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wolfpack Badass Steven Hauschka comes through yet again. Incredible onside kick. RW takes his chance at redemption and runs with it. Good for him! JR Sweezy…I can’t really find anything good to say there. Hopefully he takes the next two weeks to calm the f-ck down, at least.

Only the Patriots could make the team coached by a 9/11 “truther” the unquestioned “good guy” for the Super Bowl. Hell, I would have pulled for the damned Cowboys over the Cheatriots.

Story of the day is Denver finally hires the coach I’ve always wanted, old #8, Elway’s long-time backup, Gary Kubiak. WOO!!!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m thinking /hoping all our Football Coaches were sitting with all of the Football players watching this game and the same for GOTT & Company with the Basketball players…

The Ghost of Jimmy V was in the House yesterday afternoon in Seattle…

Don’t Ever Quit.

Greywolf
    Participant

JR Sweezy…I can’t really find anything good to say there.

Did you happen to notice who along with RW knocked the interceptor out of bounds on the 5 yard line preventing a TD — that would have put a nail in Seattle’s coffin? The stupid GB un-sportsman like conduct penalty helped but GB had to settle for another FG.

MP
    Participant

Hell, I would have pulled for the damned Cowboys over the Cheatriots.

Dammmmmn! 🙂

Both teams are high on my most hated NFL team list. But no doubt the Pats are at the top….

MrPlywood
    Participant

Don’t Ever Quit.

Grrrrr…. the more I think about it, the more I think GB quit while they were ahead. Burnett giving himself up after his interception… run that thing as far as you can man! The resulting prevent offense series by the Packers with 5 minutes left was awful. Then the D forgot how to play. Props to AR for getting the team into position to tie, and major kudos to Mason Crosby for kicking that FG.

I’ve been hearing all morning that the winning TD was an audible, a result of film study by that short, marginally talented QB 😉

At the end of the day, it was a crazy, unforgettable game. Seattle will never supplant my Packers, but they are a great number 2 for me, practically a shadow WolfPack.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.