Only 21 days left….

Home Forums StateFans Football Only 21 days left….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… and Football practice starts…
    and the first game v. Gamecocks in Charlotte is in eight weeks…

let’s see who wants to run with this ball….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

You and mcC are ruining this morgue’s serenity.

TheCOWDOG

Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets the juices going like the thought of 3 a days in early August, in the Ol North State. Technically, it is now 2.5 a days.

The dread still resides, but once ya get thru week 1, week one is a forgotten memory.

Not! Not even 40+ years removed. Here’s to nobody croakin’ on day one. More so, here’s to no one s#÷t*^g themselves during back to back to back to back to back to back to back, timed 40s.

‘Cause when that happens, you wish you woulda croaked during timed miles.

And what kinda HR Derby discounts bombs skipping off the roof?

Jesushchristinasidecar, if Judge stays healthy, he might be the first billion dollar ballplayer. ?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ya’ll know there’s a reason they call this time of year…

“DOG DAYS”

highstick
    Participant

I’m hearing the Wolfpack wants to wear black uniforms in this game…And give away the point spread? I don’t get this “black uniform” issue in the south in August/Sept…Haven’t they heard of global warming?

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets the juices going like the thought of 3 a days in early August, in the Ol North State. Technically, it is now 2.5 a days.

The dread still resides, but once ya get thru week 1, week one is a forgotten memory.

Not! Not even 40+ years removed. Here’s to nobody croakin’ on day one. More so, here’s to no one s#÷t*^g themselves during back to back to back to back to back to back to back, timed 40s.

‘Cause when that happens, you wish you woulda croaked during timed miles.

And what kinda HR Derby discounts bombs skipping off the roof?

Jesushchristinasidecar, if Judge stays healthy, he might be the first billion dollar ballplayer. ?

I didn’t see the HR Derby, but jeez he was “bombing 500 yard drives)!

Agreed on the croakin’…I’m still recovering from a gas hedge clipper this morning…and a rake, and a lawn mower, and a couple of tanks of glyphosphate. But the worst part has been an eyelash in my eye that has driven me nuts all day!

highstick
    Participant

BTW, it was Bill who said this zoysia was “slow growing”! Holy crap, he sent me home with a truckload of “steroids for grass”. I actually hear it growing at night!

44rules
    Participant

Yeah Highstick, but it was hot in the South before global warming …

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

highstick
    Participant

Yeah Highstick, but it was hot in the South before global warming …

Big difference in Columbia and Raleigh weather though.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I am glad my first hell week’s were in the 1970’s when we had global cooling.

Pack78
    Participant

^Yep-Overpopulation and the coming Ice Age were all the rage…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Predictions and Observations….

1. Some dogs bark, some dogs bite, 1% does both, none do both during DOGDAYS…
    2. The “good old days” were not as DOG gone good as our memory tells us, nor were they as bad…
    3. Al Gore invented “Global Warming” and it’s PC equivalent… “Climate Change”…
    4. On the day of our first home game in ’17…Stick’s front yard will look better than CF Stadium….
    5. Wolfpack Football will be more “Competitive” this season, which will surprise some DOGS, Cats, Sheep, Trolls, Flamers and other animals….
    6. Let the Dead bury themselves.

POP!!!

WolftownVA81
    Participant

WTNY has been our mantra for several years now. We’ll it’s almost next year. We are planning to travel to Charlotte to see the Pack in action in Sept. Hopefully, we’ll be turning over a new leaf and can forget some of the uglier aspects of the recent past. I truly hope we finish the season strong and can say that we do see improvement. I’m excited about the possibilities and want to stay that way.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m hearing the Wolfpack wants to wear black uniforms in this game…And give away the point spread? I don’t get this “black uniform” issue in the south in August/Sept…Haven’t they heard of global warming?

Ugggghhhh. I guess at this point it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Our dumb asses will probably bring along propane heaters for the sidelines too.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

CUBS WIN!!!
    CUBS WIN!!!
    CUBS WIN!!!

Anything’s possible…
    ===========================

cooking a pig on wood tonight!!!
    wish ya’ll were here….

Virginia Wolf
    Participant

Steele says Gamecocks are going to be much improved this year. I think the Pack it up to this challenge. We should be very competitive this year and we should see some good football. Excited about the upcoming season but always remember not to get too excited about the Wolfpack. Maybe they’ll exceed expectations this year. Go Pack!!!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.