Ole Miss Football Self Imposes Bowl Ban

Home Forums StateFans Football Ole Miss Football Self Imposes Bowl Ban

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Ole Miss officials announced Wednesday that they are self-imposing a one-year bowl ban for the 2017 season after receiving a new NCAA notice of allegations that detailed eight additional allegations of rules violations.

The NCAA has now accused Ole Miss of 21 rules violations by current or former members of its football coaching staff.

Ole Miss had self-imposed a double-digit reduction in scholarships for football in May 2016, as part of its response to an NCAA notice of allegations it received in January 2016.

In a 154-page response to the NCAA, Ole Miss announced that it had self-imposed the loss of 11 total scholarships in football over a four-year period from 2015 to ’18, including a reduction of three initial scholarships in each of its next three recruiting classes, which would allow the school to sign a maximum of 22 players in each class.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18743461/ole-miss-rebels-self-impose-1-year-postseason-ban-2017

tractor57
    Participant

“Since UNC needs a punishment we will give you the death penality”

TheCOWDOG

Not enough lawyers…freakin’ amateurs.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

i’ll self impose my foot up their arse

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m self-imposing that I cannot drink excessively tonight.
    Never mind….I messsed up.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m self-imposing that I cannot drink excessively tonight.
    Never mind….I messsed up.

oops, me too!

GoldenChain
    Participant

I think its amusing how all these programs do the ‘self punishment’ in a preemptive strike to avoid a much worse punishment. Of course you could take the approach some ‘other’ programs have taken and told the NC2A how wrong they are.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.