Old Dominion +17

Home Forums StateFans Football Old Dominion +17

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

State has opened as a 17 point favorite at home against ODU.

First, it is a shame that spread isn’t hight.

Second, I think I like this one. I think things are going to click for us Saturday night. If I was in Vegas I would go long on the Wolfpack.

JohnnyODU
    Participant

I’m an ODU fan and I would go with the Pack all day long after seeing our defense play last Saturday.

jrcox4
    Participant

I’ve had this one circled on the calendar since the match-up has been announced. I work in Newport News, VA as an engineer. My boss is an ODU grad, our two senior engineers are ODU grads, and two of the three engineers* I share a cube block with are ODU grads. In defiance to the ODU majority, I have had, from day one in the cube, a full size State flag, each years respective football poster, and one of those white “Welcome to our State” posters SWPC gave out my senior year. On days that I am not desk ridden and go get dirty, I wear old free State shirts. I have a block S on my hardhat above my name. Suffice to say, I’ve made myself quite the target.

I need things to click Saturday night.

The trash talk has already started. They think they beat the spread. Given how we looked vs Ga Southern, they might.

Good thing I have two and a half weeks of vacation saved up.

*One of their degrees is Mechanical Engineering Technology, after two years I’m still not sure how that counts as an engineering degree to our company, but that’s a whole other matter.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

jrcox4…lmao..good luck. I still can’t believe the Ga Southern line was 20.5.

redcanine
    Participant

We’d need to score on a special teams play to cover that. That’s asking a lot. We’ll win by 10-12 points, so I’ll have to take ODU to cover.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Line down to 16. Damn it, I’m gonna have to screw up my perfect record by picking State next week.

Greywolf
    Participant

jrcox4, I posted this on another thread:

About “the line” not making excuses for our play but just to point out the line may have been closer than it appears, We missed on 2 sure touchdown throws (open in the end zone) and dropped an easy interception. Also our LB was tackled from behind — clearly held — as he just missed the tackle on one of their long runs for TD. My point being the breaks of the game greatly contributed to the closeness of the score.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.