Offside

Home Forums StateFans Football Offside

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    4in12
    Participant

Am I the only person in the country that thinks the offside call against the Chapel Hill Rams was legit? Look at the freaking video! When the kicker kicks the ball, the guy second from the near end of the line has his foot planted the length of his foot from the line. He is leaning well forward because he’s accelerating. His head has to be across the plane. The video that everyone is saying proves the call bad is shot from the perfect angle to make it appear that the guy is behind the line.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hell, I don’t even care. The fact that they will whine and bitch and moan for decades as if THEY are the ones who have been CHEATED is just delicious to me. This makes it hurt even more for them, and I am ALL IN FAVOR OF THAT.

TheCOWDOG

Seconded.

Wufpacker
    Participant

A butthurt Carolina is the bestest Carolina.
    Fuck ’em.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also, I suggest using this, verbatim, with any Holes in your office Monday morning:

“I think we all just need to move on. All this talk is unfairly tarnishing innocent student athletes, the vast majority of whom weren’t even ON THE FIELD for that kickoff play!”

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Nice

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am thinking about typing it up and affixing to my office door, after so many shitheads put up newspaper clippings after the unspeakable prior game.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Make sure to print out a copy of this photo to go along with your quite apt statement…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I for one am just devastated. Just torn up inside about it.

smiley wolf

Wulfpack
    Participant
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

It’s clear that the ACC refs need to practice covering up the “FIX” from TV HQs….

——————
    Better question….

If you spend a $1,000,000 on a “name” DC…
    and your defense averages giving up 400 yds a game instead of 500 yds a game as during the previous season… and in the biggest game of the season…. your opponent rolls for 600 yds a game….

How much better of a DC can you hire for say…

TWO MILLION DOLLARS ???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

BJD is on point today. This is one of the few times that I’d actually enjoy listening to a Hole. It’s really to bad for them. I was hoping that Clem would step on their throat, but this scenario is actually better, a win win.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

It seems to me they got hosed on that call. Hate it for them. It’s tough having a call go against you. Especially when it’s the first time.

wirogers
    Participant

Not to blow up the UNC-CHeaters thought that they got hosed on this one but the call was a good one. The play design was flawed so the error goes to the coaches.

I might be wrong, please correct me if I am, but I always thought you had to have at least 4 players on each side of the kicker (not including the kicker). As you can see in Wufpaker’s screen shot, there are only three players above or to the right of the kicker. This is why the flag was thrown.

They tried to get cute with this play and had two kickers lined up so that Clemson supposedly would not know which way it was going. However, when the person on the right or upside of the picture took the kick it put them in a flawed or offside formation.

Just my thoughts.

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

Can someone help me see the 11th person on the field for UNC? I only count 10, and only 3 above the kicker. What am I missing?

pakfanistan
    Participant

There are 4 players up top. One is just obscured.

NCSU88
    Participant

Trying to find some rule explanations. What are the two hash marks below the yardage numerals used for? Is offsides considered breaking the plane?

Glad that *NC lost. Just wish there was no controversy. The targeting call when Switzer got hit was suspect, as well as the non-call on Watson, where he left for a play and then during the onsides kick. Clemson tried really hard to beat themselves.

TheCOWDOG

By rule, the kicking team must have all players inside the tick closest to the sideline.

Guess who woulda gotten away with one?

NCSU88
    Participant

Thanks CowDog. Looks like they were pretty close on both edges.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Maverick_NCSU,

Like your name or call sign. If you google around and also watch the SBNation video, the Jabba the Hut player at the top (far side) is actually TWO UNC players. Even if you blow this one up, the resolution will not show it.

BUT, there is a still about a few nano seconds later. There are THEN clearly 11 men on the field….and there are FOUR (counted them several times) above or on the far side (Right) of the kicker.

The guy that pulled and broke, like pulling guard with the FIFTH member….so the Four on Each SIDE was correct. Never was there a player even CLOSE to being OFFSIDE (as the line of scrimage goes).

I THINK that the Official could NOT see the OTHER guy and thought that Jabba was ONE player. When the player to the right of the kicker, pulled and ran to the near side, he counted THREE and threw the flag.

Bad call….

I do NOT know the rule that CD is talking about….so that may play into this.

Curious that the ACC has NOT released an official explanation….Gotta wonder WHY Johnny has not issued one. IF he had to admit that his officiating crew was NOT the Best and the Brightest and that they ERRED…and cost his Alma Mater a chance at winning the ACC title, he would be personas non gratas or Persona Non Grata in Light Blue Whoville.

Did Johnny pull for Clemson and want a SECOND NCAA Title and whisper in the Ref’s earpiece from the ultra high tech ACC War Room that monitors every play and every game?

Who KNOWS….Maybe he traded a FIX for the NCAA BB Scandal for UNC blowing (or the Ref’s whistle) the game?

pakfanistan
    Participant

IDGAF if it was a bad call, or the fix was in, or the stars were aligned or whatever. Those baby blue, pinko, commie, degenerates have pranced around with a four leaf clover in their wallet and a silver horse up their ass for far too long.

This doesn’t even come close to balancing the scales. It doesn’t even make them wiggle.

TheCOWDOG

I woulda said silver horseshoe, Paki, but I guess they have had the whole fu#kin’ thing up there for quite some time.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I blame posting from my phone. But yeah. What you said.

AsheWolf
    Participant

That ain’t a horse all up in there. It’s Ron Cherry.

NCSU88
    Participant

My *NC friends are still smarting from the game. One posted this epic rant from one of the Espn talking heads. I laughed out loud.
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14310967&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.