Non-Wolven College Football (25 October)

Home Forums StateFans Football Non-Wolven College Football (25 October)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Au contraire, that’s a damned cool story! English soccer definitely has an edge to it that separates it from everywhere else.

I wish my daughter had stuck with it, she could have been at least a high school-level good center back, or defensive midfielder. As a coach, it was also nice to have one kid who wasn’t always begging to play forward.

That happens with girls, though. Sometimes they just decide they don’t want to be associated with sports anymore, out of nowhere. But totally her choice! She still watches a few minutes of Everton games with me, at least. Though usually just me and one cat for the duration.

Wufpacker
    Participant

27-21 Hoos currently. Would be good if current score/lead held up.

Greywolf
    Participant

Same with my daughter. She quit before HS. And she was far and away the better athlete than her bro. Margot started out a year underage on a boys team I coached as a favor to somebody. When the league shifted to girls teams, Marg scored 5 goals in the first half of her first game before she was moved to FB. Playing in the backyard with her bro really was unfair to the other girls.

Marg entered the 9 y.o. girl’s mile at a Junior Striders big meet when her bro noticed only 3 girls were entered. What they didn’t know was one girl was the top 9 y.o. miler in the country. Another was tops in the region. Margot was lapped by the national girl in the 3rd lap, by the regional girl and the wannabe girl at the start of the 4th lap. A meet official ran along side of Margot and tried to get her to stop running so the meet could continue. By now I’m trying to keep from outright crying, watching Marg sob as she kept running. Coming out of the 4th turn she started sprinting in. Every participant and official was at or near the finish line cheering like crazy. Ask me if I was proud. (I’m a little choked up right now.)

Years later I asked her about it. All she said was, “Well Dad, you always told us to sprint in.”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not that I want to say anything nice about a stinkin’ Tar Heel, but gotta be impressed with Trubisky coming in cold off the bench and hitting that TD strike perfectly.

Wufpacker
    Participant

And there’s BJD’s favorite play, for the wrong team.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

What a meltdown by the Hoos. Lambert’s stupid interception, Tenuta’s defense couldn’t get a stop on UNC’s last two possessions, and then the Hoos put 12 men in formation on UNC’ FG attempt to give them a game winning first down. London inches back towards the hot seat.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yep. The 12 men following the timeout is just sad.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Sad, indeed, and inexcusable.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Good lord, GT all over Pitt 28-0 with more than 4 mins still remaining in the 1st.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^Mr. London GOTT outcoached by a HAT…

Who responded by suggesting… everything will be back to normal by the time the blue buses turn off Hwy 29S onto Hwy 86 …

Sometimes… you just GOTTa laugh at these guys…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

It seems as though Coach London has been out-coached quite a bit in his five years at UVA. He’s 24-35 in Charlottesville with one bowl appearance in 2011 where they were routed by Auburn. It looked as if he might have stepped away from the hot seat with the home upset of Louisville earlier this year, but I doubt that victory will save him at the end of the season. FWIW, (probably not much) he’s ranked #21 on coacheshotseat.com, and this screw up should move him into the top 20 next week. BTW, after State’s loss at Louisville, Doeren moved up from #33 to #27 on the same list.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Damm there’s nothing going on around here.. today…
    and it’s too nice a day not to do something…

Anybody wanta roast a bushel of oysters — and a few heels ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wake looking very beatable. By us I mean, in case that wasn’t entirely clear.
    That being said though, I’m glad we’ve got them at home.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thundering Herd has its hands full with FAU, down 16-14 at the break.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Anybody wanta roast a bushel of oysters — and a few heels ??

A pearl of an idea BOTB…I know, Aw shucks…

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL, I see what you did there fanatic.
    Not many foodstuffs will I pass on, but me and oysters don’t see eye to eye.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Damned Holes. I ran out of other games, so I saw parts of the 4th quarter.

Cowbells navigating their trap pretty well so far, nice comeback by CO to take UCLA to OT.

TCU is crazyball if ever I seen teh crazyball.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And I reiterate what I said before – how gonzo it will be to enter the Wake game on a 14-game ACC losing streak…and nonetheless be double figure favorites.

At least State and Wake play this year, so it won’t be like 2013 when we didn’t know for sure whether Pack or Hoos were rock bottom.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oh, and the retired soccer player’s identical twin is quite the runner (came in 2nd in her age group at a 5K charity run, with no training at all). She is gonna try cross country at Apex High.

The twins always had a non-aggression pact, where they couldn’t go out for the same sport (except cheer, which thankfully didn’t work out LMAO).

Allie LaForce just keeps getting better and better, in both aspects of sideline ladyhood.

redcanine
    Participant

Hell yeah I wants me some oysters! I wants me some Allie LeForce too. It’d be one heavenly mess.

Fastback68
    Participant

Will be interesting to see kentucky’s sec results in the next few seasons if their coach sticks around. Last 3 fb classes, #69, #29, #17 and ranked #20 so far this year.

Wufpacker
    Participant

nice comeback by CO to take UCLA to OT.

Yep, Noel Mazzone sucks again.

BJD95
    Keymaster

CO gets conservative in the OTs and loses 40-37. Time to find another flipping option, as Cowbells game is constantly at commercial.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Penalties about to hand Wolverines a mostly-gifted 7, but Sparty cruising otherwise.

BJD95
    Keymaster

WVU/TBPU (T. Boone Pickens) is sort of competitive. And watching Vandy chase their cover.

Speaking of which, that Mizzou spread over Vandy had grown from 20.5 to 23.5 by this morning. Wasn’t feeling too good!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.