Non-Wolven College Football (25 October)

Home Forums StateFans Football Non-Wolven College Football (25 October)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Rejoice! The non-wolven varietal is all there is today.

Early games kinda suck, but it will get better as the day goes along. Trap games for each MS school.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I can’t wait for BC/Wake (wooo…)

BJD95
    Keymaster

Is it wrong that I am watching more of Barca/Real Madrid than TX/K State? And fuck Luis Suarez right in his racist, biting ass.

Wufpacker
    Participant

If I were a soccer, errrr futbol, fan, I suspect that I’d probably know what more of those words mean.

BJD95
    Keymaster

LMAO. Que lastima!

BJD95
    Keymaster

And I do wish we would start calling our hoops series with the Holes the I-40 Derby (pronounced DAR-bee).

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Is it wrong that I am watching more of Barca/Real Madrid than TX/K State?

Wrong? Probably not. Does it smack of an unpatriotic, blasphemous, and even collectivist leaning?
    I’m fairly certain that it does. However, I’m still trying to erase my mental image of a biting ass.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Is it wrong that I am watching more of Barca/Real Madrid than TX/K State?

Wrong? Probably not. Does it smack of an unpatriotic, blasphemous, and even collectivist leaning?
    I’m fairly certain that it does. However, I’m still trying to erase my mental image of a biting ass.

Da, I paint mental images out of love for the Collective, comrade.

Don’t worry, I will watch all 15 hours of NFL marathon action tomorrow (DET/ATL from London shown live on Fox at 9:30am, huzzah).

OK, since Everton (my EPL side, they are the European soccer version of NC State – Liverpool is U*NC, Manchester Utd is Duke) plays at 9:30 I will also have that streaming on my laptop.

I’m always irritated when there’s no watchable SEC game (or fixture, as the Brits would say) in the noon window. Boo. And I can’t watch the Holes, they make me too mad.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I just googled Luis Suarez.
    He apparently has sought help, and is hopeful that he can successfully overcome his compulsion to bite his opponents.

Holy shit, that’s stupid.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Seriously. That guy is f-cking nuts. He played for EPL’s Tarhole squad (Liverpool) last few seasons. And he had apologists until he did it again at the World Cup.

Biting is out of bounds even in for reals football. One should have that outgrown by age 3 at worst.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I talk NFL on my Everton forum quite a bit. You’d be surprised how many Raider fans there are across the pond. Must be the hooligan factor.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Holes and Hoos tied at 21

London appears to be in position to have an NFL franchise by 2022 according to the NFL. What moniker should they have?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Rippers or Werewolves! Or London Methmouth has a nice ring to it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I have the ESPN scoreboard up, so I can watch if/when Wahoowa goes up three scores. Until then, I’m stuck with the awful K State/TX game. Until UCLA/Colorado starts in a few (Pac12N).

Wufpacker
    Participant

Follow the Family Guy lead and force them to be the London Sillynannies.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Terps getting their teeth kicked in by Bucky Badger. That should make Wuf all happy.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yes, it really does.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

How about London Pikeys? Or Bull-dags? I like Dags.

BJD95
    Keymaster

London Chavs? London Bellends?

London Wankers? London Bollocks?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Gowolves
    Participant

Beej, did you play soccer as kid?

BJD95
    Keymaster

No, but one of my daughters did. One year, the coach’s kid dropped out a week before the season started, and I got roped in as the replacement (I coached my younger brother in baseball for like 5 years). Started watching Premier League soccer to try to understand the game better and be something less than a disaster in my role. Latched onto Everton and got hooked.

The matches usually don’t conflict with my existing sports binge watching schedule, so was a natural fit.

BJD95
    Keymaster

My daughter was the only kid to get yellow carded that season. That made her really happy. She also had a collision with a boy, and he left the field (she laughed it off).

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL, that’s awesome.

Greywolf
    Participant

BJD, I know this will have no real interest but anyway… My son, Garrick, and one of his Classic League teammates trained with Milwall in ’71 or 2. We had met one of Mel Bly’s neighbors, who was here to work with IBM for a while. Bly was a long time sweeper for Crystal Palace and was playing out his last year with Milwall.

Even though Milwall was relegated to 2nd division at the time, training with an English professional team was quite an experience for 2 16 yo American boys. Both were better than decent players. My Garrick was All-State and All-South his Sr yr. John went on to play at eweNC and G at ASU in Boone.

Our boys came back different players than they were when they went over. Mostly different was their playing attitudes. Both boys were relatively small but when they came back they had nasty playing attitudes and were “legally” as rough as any 2 in this area. Maybe it wasn’t as coincidental as I use to think but Garrick was the starting sweeper his Jr and Sr years after playing wing his soph yr at Sanderson. Old Mr. Bly, as Garrick called him, may have had some influence on my son, eh?

Just rambling down memory lane…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.