NO CAT – All ACC Team – Men's Basketball – 2015

Home Forums StateFans Basketball NO CAT – All ACC Team – Men's Basketball – 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Trevor Lacey – 2nd Team …
    BJ Anya – All Defensive Team…

Congrats to both of these young kids!
    ——————————–

NO CAT…

Which should set the stage perfectly for the unveiling of Cat3.0 – starting this Wednesday in Greensboro…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Anya also 6th Man of the Year

Cat, based on the whole season, didn’t deserve to make it. If the vote was about the last 10-11 games, he would have. I’d rather have him win the Everett Case Award.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wait…I was prepared for Cat not to be DPOY (he deserved to be, but c’est la vie). But to be snubbed from the first team entirely? And not even honorable mention for all-ACC? Total slap in the face.

Remember this humble scribe predicted KH would be first-team defense before the season started, though not at Cat’s expense

BJD95
    Keymaster

Cat was playing exceptional defense even before his “come to Jesus” moment on offense made him the complete Power Kitty package. The voters need to be strapped to their seats and forced to watch tape of the Pitt game over and over again.

Texpack
    Participant

Cat was playing exceptional defense even before his “come to Jesus” moment on offense made him the complete Power Kitty package. The voters need to be strapped to their seats and forced to watch tape of the Pitt game over and over again.

Just to clarify, Cat should have made the all Defensive Team

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^beej…

The votes totals on acc.com show that the cutoff for honorable mention was 10 votes out 320 voters …

McIntyre from Wake, Rathan-Mayes from FSU and Perrantes from Va (all guards) made Honorable mention…
    so yeah..
    that’s a complete shutout…

There’s no clear statistic for guards that measure “defense”… In ANYA’s case, he led the league in blocked shots and is ranked #20 in the country… as a non starter… So that’s hard to argue against…

I guess if someone really wanted to dig… they could ask K, Roy, Rick and Jim about ANYA’s defense… they had courtside seats…

Methinks… Anthony3.0 will do his talking on the court…

pakfanistan
    Participant

In ANYA’s case, he led the league in blocked shots and is ranked #20 in the country… as a non starter… So that’s hard to argue against…

And in less than 20mpg. Imagine if he was 270…..

BJD95
    Keymaster

KH wasn’t ALWAYS a great fundamental defender, but certainly by the second half of the ACC season he was (in addition to being a phenomenal shot blocker). I am very happy to see him recognized, he probably would have made my first team, too (as the 4th guy, probably).

BJD95
    Keymaster

In ANYA’s case, he led the league in blocked shots and is ranked #20 in the country… as a non starter… So that’s hard to argue against…

And in less than 20mpg. Imagine if he was 270…..

But there’s mojo in his weight. Remember in Nov/Dec, when he was ALMKH? He was pretty slender (by his standards), and he was awful. He gained a decent chunk (but not all) back, and he was good again.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Just like Anthony…

Imagine ANYA3.0… with the offensive skills to match the defensive !

This kid ain’t scratched the surface as to what he could be.

Heelh8r
    Participant

This kid ain’t scratched the surface as to what he could be

That’s what Gott said as he was talking about him getting serious about losing weight. But beej is right, he played much better when he put some of it back on. I’ve seen golfers lose their game after taking off a bunch of weight but never a basketball player.

BJD95
    Keymaster

If he just rediscovers the HippoHOOK he will be a force of nature. Combine that with Abu developing a spin move and it’s HOLY SHIT time for opposing defenses. And we should only be BETTER defensively ourselves…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Gott needs to have a heart-to-heart with our bigs. He needs to tell them how many fine ladies they will meet if they’d just take a yoga and/or ballet class this summer and/or fall.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

RE: spin move on the block…
    Old School.

This is what summer school is for…
    Three hours a day one on one with an asst. coach and ABU…
    in Carmichael or where ever…

Forty Five minutes with each hand for both of them…
    All summer.

That and some free throws…. cause they’ll be going to line a lot.

When you’re ranked Top 15… the fine young ladies don’t care if you can yoga or ballet or not…

MrPlywood
    Participant

If he just rediscovers the HippoHOOK he will be a force of nature.

I got a chuckle yesterday when BJ had the ball and was wide open at the foul line, and no clue what to do. No one was within 5 feet of him. I think State was up 19 so not a big deal. But, it would be nice for him to develop some go to moves, like the hook shot.

BJD95
    Keymaster

He had the HippoHOOK as a freshman! And he LOST weight, he can’t possibly have eaten it.

patientwuf
    Participant

I guess if someone really wanted to dig… they could ask K, Roy, Rick and Jim about ANYA’s defense… they had courtside seats…

Methinks… Anthony3.0 will do his talking on the court…

Great point. Tournament motivation! Tourney MVP will be nice.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.