Nittany Lions come South… MBB Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Nittany Lions come South… MBB Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

And as Debbie pointed out, that will make the PSU bigs come out to guard him. I want to see State take advantage.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Y7 has begun to taste the ‘success’ he was accustomed to in Turkey and is hungry for more….

and I think we’ll see it….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

At the Under 4 in the 2nd half…

PSU – 1.5
    PACK – 3.0

No reason in my book, we shouldn’t win this one, unless…

1. Showgirls put a lid on the bucket…
    2. Lightning strikes and the power goes out at the PNC…

GO PACK!

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

This has been a weird game but Frenchy and Yurt have really come through. Put Yurt in Mike D’Antoni’s system next year and he could be a superstar. Keatts doesn’t pre-determine the minutes either. He’s a hot hand / match-up coach which I like.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

With a little over 2 minutes to play… CAN we get a little composure here please….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… basket by A.Freeman turns it around with 1 minute to Glory….

Fastback68
    Participant

Braxton Ice

Fastback68
    Participant

Braxton for 2 more fts

Texpack
    Participant

Braxton for 2 more fts

Markell’s biggest drawback is FT shooting down the stretch. Getting BB eligible may be worth one or two games just on FT shooting at crunch time.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Markell’s biggest drawback is FT shooting down the stretch.

TexPack with the reverse jinx. Nice!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And that’s the BALLGAME!

Smoke if you got ’em….

On the Big Board

PSU – 78
    WOLFPACK – 85

Damn fine WIN by the WOLFPACK against a very tough opponent…
    especially with Tony Carr getting 29 pts…

Hunt, Dorn, both Freemans && Y7 step up BIG…
    Markel steady at the helm..
    Batts the sparkplug when needed….

… and we didn’t back down from the physicality!!!
    ————-

ACC — 9
    NotSoBig-Ten — 1

Not much of a challenge….

————-

More CFB Coaching Carousel fun tomorrow!
    I really hope ALL of our assistant Football coaches are out on the road recruiting this week!

Good night gents!

POP!!!

tractor57
    Participant

ESPN homers all in for Penn State to the end. Nice job with the finish.

pakfanistan
    Participant

ESPN homers all in for Penn State to the end. Nice job with the finish.

Doris Burke is an angel, you take it back.

tractor57
    Participant

Was not Doris who I consider one of the best. At least on unwatchableespn.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Wasn’t that Debbie Antonelli?

tractor57
    Participant

Yes on my screen.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m loving some Y7, 19 pts 11 boards. Looking way more assertive. I have to think that a lot is due to having a coach that actually game plans to his strengths and knows how to coach him up.

Good recovery in game and from the last 2 losses. I have a feeling that this year will be a roller coaster.

Texpack
    Participant

Markell’s biggest drawback is FT shooting down the stretch.

TexPack with the reverse jinx. Nice!

You’re welcome. I think we can have a winning record. It feels like the old show Junk Yard Wars at times with Keatts sorting through the rubble to find enough parts to win each night, but I like his improv skills so far.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Wasn’t that Debbie Antonelli?

You are correct. Came back to fix my mistake. Either way, not a homer.

tractor57
    Participant

On that we will have to disagree.

ryebread
    Participant

I think the announcing was fairly pro-Penn State. After they got up 11-0, we pretty much crushed them right up until letting them back in the game near the end. The narrative was that the Big 10 is a great conference, that Penn State has all the pieces, etc.. NC State is some pieces away and not a NCAA tournament team. Yet, what does the score board and the eyeballs show? NC State looked better to me.

What does that really mean? Does that mean that the ACC is just that much better than a winner in the ACC/Big10 challenge over a team that is going to make noise in the Big 10 may not have that opportunity in the ACC? Maybe so, but if so, then some of that narrative probably needs to change.

Of course that gives the announcers more credit than is deserved. They’re merely saying what crosses between their ears in the moment and pairing that with their pre-game research (if they bother to do any of it). Moral of the story? Mute the games and they’re better.

Regardless, I liked the win. I didn’t think Penn State was good outside of one player, but that one player is quite the shooter. Any time a guy can shoot 65% from 3 (and that’s what he was doing prior to last night), you’ve got to guard him and that can create a dangerous team.

When they came out hot and we were stumbling, I have to admit that I was worried that the Bahamas hangover was still going. We turned up the pressure and really didn’t look back. I thought Penn State looked incredibly winded right before the half and we were really close to running them out of the gym. Yurt looked great. Keatts goes with the hot hands. Only down sides are Abu’s knee and Hicks’ injury.

tractor57
    Participant

Rye it struck me the same. Regardless of the score, time and play on the court Penn St was touted. I suspect that came from the producers (and to them from the ESPN decision makers). Early on I was there as we did not show up well. Later the mantra continued even though we were in the lead. One comment I don’t know if NC State is tourney bound – not a direct quote but gets to the heart of the issue. At the same time Penn State was losing and they were being touted. I see this often where there is an obvious bias. Call the f’ing game!

pakfanistan
    Participant

Debbie Antonelli, graduate of NCSU and 3 year starter for the Wolfpack women’s basketball team, ESPN homer.

tractor57
    Participant

Be that as may the comments were homer for Penn State. Mostly coming from the butthole (and probably orders from the mothership).

choppack1
    Participant

I didn’t listen to the game as I was at a bar drinking too many hoppyums. However, I was thrilled with the way the tram responded to the 11-0 start.

Our guys got killed on the boards but they are fighting for rebounds and contesting threes. The fundamentals are there.

Yurtsven is showing that lottery pick potential. Incredible game last night and he is getting meaner, tougher and smarter every game

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.