NFL Divisional Playoffs / college b-ball etc. Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation NFL Divisional Playoffs / college b-ball etc. Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Doesn’t look to me like NO will win this pass reception challenge.

… And they didn’t.

Fastback68
    Participant

Nice shot to the marble bag.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Aints trying for the miracle in the last minute in Seattle….

SeaHawks looked workmanlike today…. should have plenty of gas left in the tank for next weekend, except for Percy Harvin.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Congrats Mr. Packbadger.

Wulfpack
    Participant

C-Hawks lookin good. Hope Panthers win somehow tomorrow and can give them a good game next week in Seattle. But it is looking like it could be an all NFC West final. Remember when that division was trash? Not any more.

Hope Luck can get it done tonight but not very confident.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Notre Dame lost at Georgia Tech today, so it is probably time to temper our win in South Bend a little. Truth is, outside of Cuse, Pitt and likely UVA, the ACC is a hot jumbled mess. I would expect Duke to get it together but after that it is a jumbled mess. This is both good and bad. Good in the sense that if we can find some consistency we can quickly climb the standings. Bad in that really good opportunities for solid wins are growing scarce. No longer would a win over an unranked UNC turn any heads, except ours of course. Really disappointing conference thus far.

Fastback68
    Participant

Going to Bank of America stadium now. Will have the crowd spell out dogbreath in honor of a huge fan that can’t be there in person. Go black cats!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m excited to see my hometown (hopefully) have a nice moment in the sun. What a slobberknocker Panthers/FRWs would be in Seattle next week.

But even more excited to see PeyPey take one more step towards his coronation as best QB of all time (he needs the second ring, and I need the Broncos to get their third, and to see Foxy get his well-earned first).

Rick
    Keymaster

The refs are turning football into a woman’s sport.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Panthers are taking it to the 9ers. This, folks, is the most physical team in the league.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Heck of a game thus far. Love the physicality on both sides. And Cam showing he is tougher than nails.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Today’s game is certainly not for the faint of heart. But I don’t think that the Panther’s goal line play calls were very imaginative.

Peyton is a great QB. But I don’t think that even in BJD’s rosy scenario, there is anything there that would prove that he is better than Brady…never mind best of all time.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Agree VaWolf. On both counts.

I am a huge Peyton fan, but if the Broncs get by the Chargers today my best guess is Brady and the Pats gets Peyton again next week. Hope he can prove me wrong.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

49ers living right, ahead at the half after Panthers basically ruled the first half

Wufpacker
    Participant

PR and the bolo…too funny.

You guys are overlooking the fact that SD is the team of destiny.

Or, maybe it’s density.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I like where the Panthers are. Got to get points, though. There is going to be a turnover that decides this game as both teams are so equal.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Well, the 49ers have certainly gotten the breaks from the officials – two calls (or no call on one) that led directly to 10 points. From Pam Oliver’s sideline report it sounds like the 49ers are going to push it even more this half and see what they can get away with.

Bad call on the Mitchell unnecessary roughness, Boldin not called for any of his shenanigans (including an identical headbut that was called on the Panthers), and the clear 12 men in the huddle on the TD.

Officials not often a concern in NFL games.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Rut roh

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Rut roh indeed … And if the Panthers’ D players didn’t want to impale Kaepernik before, they definitely do now after that cheese TD celebration

wufpup76
    Keymaster

8 minute possession with no points out of it … brutal

Have to have a stop soon, and then something the Panthers haven’t done much of – hurry up offense

Wulfpack
    Participant

This one is over I am afraid.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The day is starting the way last night left off. Ugh.

I fear what this bad juju means for PeyPey.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yup, Niners running downhill right now.

Short of a turnover here, things look bleak.

Wufpacker
    Participant

At the moment, Cam doesn’t have the facial expression one would hope for.

He looks beaten. Bad sign.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This is a 49er team that can easily win it all. I don’t see a weakness. Seattle will be a tough out but San Fran to me is a better team overall.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.