New Unis For Notre Dame

Home Forums StateFans Football New Unis For Notre Dame

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aeight
    Participant

Saw on TOS that we are coming out with the Sheridan era diamond logo unis for the Notre Dame game. Personally I don’t like them but some people do. I am a traditionalist and the block “S” is NC State. Go back on look at pictures of our unis in the 1960’s and 1970’s and you’ll see what many of us grew up with and identify with. When Chuck brought it back it made me so proud. I agree with a poster on PP, take the diamond logo and the three wet rats and bury them somewhere. Your thoughts?

44rules
    Participant

I liked the diamond a lot. I was in school during the tail end of the Tom Reed era when Sheridan came in. To me it symbolized revitalization, energy and winning. But I like the block S too.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Aeight
    Participant

44 you are correct about the new energy Dick Sheridan created, he ushered in a new era of NC State football, no question. Do I wish he had remained our coach, absolutely. No telling what we could have become had he stayed. He adopted the diamond logo from Furman’s design. He didn’t really have to resign when he did. The diverticulitis he had was treatable and he could had stayed but there were issues he couldn’t deal with and be successful, such as the unc grad AD we had at the time. I won’t even mention his name. Dick knew he couldn’t be successful with that prohibitive leadership. I recall his last recruiting cycle Dick wasn’t allowed to recruit and sign several players who eventually signed with unc. That did it. Then the wrong man was named as his replacement. We lost several good coached during that AD’s tenure including Ray Tanner, and the rest is history. It took 20 years to recover from that and we are still fighting the mindset that mediocrity is ok. Oh, don’t get me started.

Pack92
    Participant

Aeight, I’ll say it – Todd Fing Turner. Capital letter #1 POS. He absolutely had an agenda at NC State that he executed to perfection. However, his true leadership ability, or lack thereof, has been shown in his track record since NC State. I can’t remember a position he wasn’t fired from and I’m sure they ALL said good riddance.

I like both the diamond and block S as well.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Count me as liking both logos as well. And while I wouldn’t necessarily want a permanent return to the diamond logo, breaking it out as a throwback doesn’t bother me in the least.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Since we’re going all throwback, let’s throw way back and be the Fighting Huguenots for the game against Notre Dame. We can borrow their logo, too

Huguenot Fighting Protestants

Aeight
    Participant

Pack 92 you are right, he had an agenda everywhere he worked, but especially at State. He destroyed every competitive fiber in every sport at State. That’s when we quit winning championships and it’s been a slow, agonizing grind trying to return to that level. Winning wasn’t a priority and wasn’t important. Hence a defeatist attitude evolved and our neighbors began to flourish. Winning is so important to them that they will risk decades of systematic cheating to win. As it turns out it was no risk afterall.

44rules
    Participant

Since we’re going all throwback, let’s throw way back and be the Fighting Huguenots for the game against Notre Dame. We can borrow their logo, too

Huguenot Fighting Protestants

As long as we don’t become the Albigensians or the Cathars. Those suckers didn’t make it out to the New World in time.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.