New 2016 Recruiting Target

Home Forums StateFans Basketball New 2016 Recruiting Target

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Evan Daniels tweeted Mark Gottfried and Orlando Early were in Turkey Friday visiting with Omer Yurtseven. Yurtseven is a 6’11” 5 star center who recently announced he has decided to play in college rather than in the Turkish pro league. He is projected to be a lottery pick in the 2017 NBA draft. Obviously with his announcement he is going to get inundated by scholarship offers. If by some miracle Gott is able to land this guy, our prospects for next year would go through the roof. I’m guessing we don’t have a huge shot at landing him, but as long as they are going after him there’s a chance.

Aeight
    Participant

This is good to hear. A post player of this caliber is certainly a missing link with our program. Hope Gott can land him. Thanks for the update Red…any info on other schools in hot pursuit?

BJD95
    Keymaster

ah, good. I’m glad for something new to pin my false hopes to. WHEE!!!!

Packzingo
    Participant

Atleast we have a “target” ….. LOL
    However, I’m sure Cal is on a plane now that he has some free time!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Hit that juco circuit and sign at least one role player or project with upside to strengthen the roster. The whole I-don’t-want-to-waste-scholarships-on-inferior-talent is a lazy pile of crap

Tau837
    Participant

ear. A post player of this caliber is certainly a missing link with our program. Hope Gott can land him. Thanks for the update Red…any info on other schools in hot pursuit?

LOL… but so true…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Cal seems to let everyone else do the legwork and then cherry picks his favorites.

I foolishly thought State had a shot at Georgios Papagiannis so I’ll just keep this new one at arms length. Although, I would think that there aren’t a lot of options for him out there at this late date.

TheCOWDOG

Atsur has been in this kid’s ear for a while…we’ll see.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Previous target guarding current target.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Atsur has been in this kid’s ear for a while…we’ll see.

For some reason, that reminded me of Evtimov having to explain Herb-speak to Atsur in French(?).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

After the season we just finished…
    If I was Coach… I’d want to leave the country for a couple of weeks too….

and I damn sure wouldn’t be sitting ringside at the Dance either…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Can we put Engin on staff to seal the deal? That’s one cat I’ve always wanted back on the sideline. Assuming he’s done playing. AND ABU CAN PLAY THE ALLAH CARD!!!!

44rules
    Participant

I loved me some Engin Atsur and Ilian Evtimov. Two of my faves from that era.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.