NCSU vs Villanova Gametime – 7:10pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation NCSU vs Villanova Gametime – 7:10pm

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Obviously hoping for a win, but I’m expecting a fairly lopsided loss. When I watch Villanova, I see Duke X 10. These guys keep whipping the ball around until someone gets open for a 3, and they just don’t miss. When their starters get tired, they bring in a bunch of other guys do the same thing. Just like the Duke game in the ACCT, this could get ugly early. Villanova will keep hitting 3 after 3, then our guys will start to panic and play street ball.

Of course I could be completely wrong, which is why I will be glued to the television at 7:10 tonight.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Nova definitely has a squad that can run away from you in a hurry. We must get out to a good start. Unlike with LSU, get down 10-15 to these guys and it will be a very steep climb as they keep on coming at you.

Gowolves
    Participant

The Pack has to hope that Villinova goes a little cold. If they shoot at the clip that they have most of the season the pack will have a tough time keeping it close never mind actually winning the game.

Texpack
    Participant

I guess the guy above you is the exception, not the rule, lol. Don’t want to come across as a troll, but was looking for some previews and couldn’t resist interjecting. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow night, I appreciate your response.

Tex just givin’ ya a hard time … you’re in the den of the wolves ;)

Exactly. When your overall argument is weak you jump on any obscure point in your opponent’s argument you can. Nova had a better season than State and is properly favored. In a one game situation, however, the question becomes “How good is your good?” State’s good can beat anybody. Nova may be under appreciated because nobody even knows who is in the Big East anymore.

tractor57
    Participant

As we see every year once you get in the NCAA Tourney things can happen. The Pack at their best can probably hang with Nova even at their best. The Pack at their worst (like any team) can be beaten. Last game we were the last man standing, this game could be the same or we could be the bug on the windshield. That’s why they play the games and why I agree with Gott this is the greatest show on earth.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Why yes, that IS a crashed Nova 😉

Heelh8r
    Participant

Holler Back on that… if you please…

BoB…that is as fine a preview as I have seen for the game and gives me great hope that we do indeed have a decent shot tonight. We really do have an awful lot of weapons. I do not know what to expect because I know how good Nova is and they are not the #1 seed for nothing, but this could be our time.

jrhjr
    Participant

Congratulations Pack fans. Well deserved win. I’ll be pulling for you. Good luck.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Congratulations Pack fans. Well deserved win. I’ll be pulling for you. Good luck.

Thanks for coming back on and giving congrats … says a lot.

You guys have a lot to be proud of. Most of us here have been commenting on how classy Wright and the Nova players were after the game.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Classy move right here.
    Thanks for the well-wishes, and you’re welcome around here anytime.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

@jrinphilly…

If youseguys had a football team, we’d put ya’ll in the ACC…

our only problem would be deciding who to drop…
    the Golden Domers or the Orange..

have a good one..
    told ya…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tractor57
    Participant

The Nova team has had an outstanding year. And kudos for the classy way things were done after the game. I’ve always like Jay Wright and thought he was class. The tough fought game and the words and actions by him and the team were class.
    Even if the Pack had lost I would still think it was a great game.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We gave you more shit that deserved, honestly. Like Gonzaga, I really think you guys suffer by going too long without playing other highly athletic/physical opponents for too long after the non-conference slate ends. If you could schedule, say, an Oklahoma in mid-February, it would do a world of good.

Jay Wright is a great guy and coach.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.