NCSU Coaches show

Home Forums All StateFansNation NCSU Coaches show

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    YogiNC
    Participant

It’s been quite some time since I tuned into this but I was surprised at the changes to the show. It’s much better than it was before. Actually quite professional, a significant upgrade. If you haven’t seen this past weeks show I’d invite you to give it a look, some really good stuff IMO.

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

Upgrade?

Professional?

Two terms that could NEVER be used to describe N.C. State.

What did they do? Ask someone to brush their hair and look at the camera?

McCallum

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

I’d like to add, I really liked our commercial (TV) during halftime last week. It was very very good. Not the creepy guy that looked at the backside of the patient in a hospital gown they had before. This one was well done. Even my wife, not an NCSU grad, commented how professional it was. Kudos to the marketing team there for sure.

freshmanin83
    Participant

You have seen them before. It seems that every community has one. You can usually spot them in their loafers, white socks pulled up to where they almost reach the bottom of their shorts. The thing that distracts you from the hair sticking out of their ears is the careful comb over. They patrol their front lawns with vigilance and when not outside you see them keeping watch through their blinds with the hope that someone would dare trespass on their sidewalk.

You know that the air of miasma that surrounds them springs from a vast well of bitterness waiting to infect any who cross their path. Wait what’s that sign post up ahead, you have entered the McCallum zone.

Is this considered poking the bear or was it too much? : )

McCallum
    Participant

I hope your diet, sugar free, Code Red Mnt Dew is flat.

McCallum

freshmanin83
    Participant

May the fleas of 1000 two humped camels infest your armpits, after they fit you for your strait jacket.

Texpack
    Participant

Is Nick Pond still the host?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

McCallum, here’s a shot of the updated show. You should really check it out.

Merv

YogiNC
    Participant

Been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest since I wrote the opening and just now returned to see the retorts. freshmanin83 I have to say I REALLY had no clue where you were going until the very end and it’s a good thing I’d just swallowed that sip of coffee or I’d have been cleaning up two monitors and my laptop screen (I’m quite sure you can use that statement against me, have fun). And thanks SO much for the hearty laugh to all of you who contributed.

Greywolf
    Participant

Yogi, Thanks for the thread. And I didn’t get the freshmanin83 comment until the end. And no, I didn’t spit my Geritol on my laptop monitor, either. šŸ˜‰

If I’m not mistaken Debbie said that everything football comes under Dave Doeren. He’s the CEO responsible for all these changes we are so often these days talking about. You know the new, state of the art video production facility is in the Murphy Center, right and DD is responsible for that. I’ve read that he walks around once a day speaking to the staff working in Murphy Center.

BTW I thought I was the one poking the bear with my posts like the paragraph above. I seem to get a rise out of several folks. I never thought I would hear the negative nancies saying “Wait ’til next year.”

McCallum
    Participant

Note to CEO: fix red zone offense

Poke

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

Hmmm, Mc, that’s a pretty short list. Important one yes, but the list is significantly shorter than in a LONG time. Personally I’d add KICKER. Find a female kicker and let her drive the competition.

McCallum
    Participant

Drive the competition….SNORT.

What do unc co-eds and NFL players have in common?

They both go to their knees for attention.

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

Every good comedy team needs a straight man. Glad I could set that one up for ya Mc

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The only top level Coaches Show I want to see is on the field on Saturdays….

look left — I am The Bear… but I’m a happy, old Bear… at least most of the time….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Every good comedy team needs a straight man. Glad I could set that one up for ya Mc

Wait, which one is boo boo?

Greywolf
    Participant

Note to CEO: fix red zone offense

Poke

Note to McCallum: In all your wisdom I thought you would know fixing red zone offense is not his job. That task delegated to Drink and O staff.
    They are persevering. (Perseverance: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.)

Poke

Greywolf
    Participant

Note to those who are concerned about kicker: Check to see if the root of the problem is with the SNAPPER. Fix that and the problem with the KICKER might just disappear.

The Special Teams coaches are persevering with the kicking issue. New parts have been ordered. Will arrive in time for 2018 season. šŸ˜‰

McCallum
    Participant

fixing red zone offense is not his job.

Poke

Ultimately it is his job. In the end, failure to address that issue is the same as the failure to address the kicking game and somehow youā€™ve missed that salient point. Same with successfully addressing points, he makes the move and he gets the credit.

Let it not get fixed and letā€™s see how it works out for Dapper Dave. Iā€™m sure there will be much blaming of ā€œothersā€ but in the end one person is in charge and that person did the hiring.

But since he has time for ā€œwalking around the Murphy Center once a day speaking to staff that work thereā€ he appears to have a little time on his hands.

The remoteness of your tone about coaching, responsibility and ultimately leadership is something of note Grey.

McCallum

tractor57
    Participant

His program and his issue to correct. Maybe not “hands on” but if he wants to move forward he has to get a handle here.

PackofMac
    Participant

If history repeats itself….so far it really hasn’t post Cocks game but if it does, Drink and the crew will come out with the most vanilla offense come Sat. in Pittsburgh and we’ll lose to a crappy Panthers team. I believe those goofballs in the press box are 99.5% responsible for the crap we see, red zone and all

rthomas44
    Participant

My Goodness! Such positive vibes from everyone so early in the morning! Since we all have so much control over what we perceive to be wrong with the team, just go back to thinking about how much of a raise the AD will give DAD.

rthomas44
    Participant

Sorry, fat fingers.. I meant DD.

gso packbacker
    Participant

I love that BOTB’s avatar is a bear. How apropos.

On that note, as much as McCallum injects his commentary, how can he possibly have no avatar? How vanilla of you McCallum!

Of course, we know McCallum won’t change it on his own (they taught him that in Curmudgeon 101), so how about a wager where he doesn’t have to eat his shoes (really, who wants to witness that?), but alter his avatar. If he wins, he can make it J. Jonah Jamison (a hipper curmudgeon of his era), but if he loses, we get to choose. šŸ™‚

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.