NCAAT Selection Show

Home Forums StateFans Basketball NCAAT Selection Show

Tagged: 

Viewing 22 posts - 76 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

thanks…

typo on wral.com’s board…

———————–

Mr. Dog…

gonna take a couple of weeks to get your best answer…

Could be Coach Rat when it’s all over… idk…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

CD, I can tell ya who it’s NOT….

TheCOWDOG

Thank you Wulfpack. I did have a slight clue, to be honest. I keep coming back to Miller II and the Wildcats.

Wulfpack
    Participant

From the top 16 seeds I’d eliminate Florida, Florida State, Butler and Purdue in terms of having the capability to cut the nets down. But I do see Butler in the Sweet 16. I do not trust the Noles to bring it every game – and they have issues traveling.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Kevin Keatts about to do the damn thing.. you all will be begging his ass to come

Wulfpack
    Participant

We’ll see what Keatts has for Tony Bennett. He hasn’t seen this kind of D.

TheCOWDOG

And…Thanks for nuthin’ AT and Billiam. Tee hee.

BJD95
    Keymaster

That Wake/K State winner could make a nice run.

Pot odds play for East Coast office pools is AZ all day long.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wahoowa over Flavour of the Month by 20.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep cow and bjd – got salesman AND inspiration in him. Heck, he a guy I would want my son play for. (Sorry, Deb our last coach didn’t meet that criteria.)

As for coach most likely….You can’t bet against Pitino or K of Wright. I think S. Miller has his boys on a roll. I am hoping that Kentucky works over them tarheels.

And I absolutely love it that Boeheim aint going to the big dance. If only they didn’t lose in the 1st round in Greensboro.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cuse is a top seed in the NIT. Other selections pending.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Indiana faces Georgia Tech in the NIT in the Cuse bracket.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I guess Clemson is technically an NIT bubble?? Or fairly solidly in having beat our sorry asses twice?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Clemson will be in I am sure of it. Only half the bracket has been announced.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Clemson faces Oakland as a two seed in the Iowa bracket.

13OT
    Participant

One major flaw I see is both the Big XII regular-season winner and tournament winner not only in the same region, but in the same bracket as well. KU to me is the best team in the country and should not have to face Izzo in the second round and then Iowa State in the third round. Putting Wake and Manning possibly against Kansas is typical tv stuff, just like FSU vs FGC. They’ve gotta create a story for every game, it seems.

I thought #7 Michigan deserved a higher seed than #6 Maryland. Duke soared on its 4 straight, but Michigan apparently gained little in the seeding by also winning their tourney in 4 straight. If winning a conference tournament means so much to the small schools, then it should mean more to the power schools as well. UNC was going to get the #1 seed because of winning the regular-season, regardless of Brooklyn, but the Heels don’t have to face all their league foes twice a season, like the Big XII.

Gonzaga is a good team, but if we could have a selection process without geography figuring in, they’d be about a #3 in my book. There is no way I see the Zags making it to the FF, let alone winning it. There are five ACC teams who are better, maybe 6.

Boewhine is upset probably because Syracuse was snubbed and Wake got in (I didn’t think either deserved to get in). He’s bitter about the ACC destroying the Big East, and I can identify with this in that I think the ACC has also been ruined by the Big East expansion. Before the ACC expanded past 9 teams, the ACC should have moved the ACCT permanently to Greensboro. Then, when these faraway teams came in, they would have to accept the league as it was. Now, they want the league to accommodate them instead. Except for Virginia Tech, I say screw all the former Big East teams. They are not who we are, and never will be, but thanks to John Swofford, we’re stuck with ’em.

BJD95
    Keymaster

KS and Nova were Top 2 overall seeds, but got super-hard brackets. Not good enough for ratings, I guess. CBS wanted Zags, Holes, UK.

Wake clearly had a better resume than Cuse. And was a better team by the eye test, playing much better down the stretch. You lose 5 against THAT non-conference schedule, have an 81 RPI and lose your first ACCT game? Cry me a freaking river, dude.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Wake does not play Kansas. The Deacs play Kansas STATE. Winner gets Cincy.

redwolf87
    Participant

NIT put UNCG in Syracuse first round. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Only thing better would have been making Cuse go on the road to play in the Coliseum. I’d have gone to see that.

Wulfpack
    Participant

If Wake did not deserve to be in, then who do you posit should have been in over them? I see absolutely no snubs this time around. The bubble was hardly there.

Wulfpack
    Participant

And I know this is not a popular view on here, but the fact remains the ACC is the best basketball conference by every objective measure. So I’m not really sure that the conference has been ruined. Yes, it has changed. As have most all other conferences. Swofford may be a homer and a tool, but he has built a tremendous basketball conference. Maybe it was pure luck, I don’t know.

BJD95
    Keymaster

NIT put UNCG in Syracuse first round. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Only thing better would have been making Cuse go on the road to play in the Coliseum. I’d have gone to see that.

DELICIOUS. The one and only time I will root for Wes Miller.

Viewing 22 posts - 76 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.