NCAA Blinks… *NC Walks….

Home Forums All StateFansNation NCAA Blinks… *NC Walks….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Background info here…
    Andrea Adelson — E$PN Staff Writer
    And sorry Andrea… nice article until the last line… and you got that one backwards….

The Recent Timeline….

09/26/2017 — FBI arrests 10 in opening gambit to SleasySneakergate
    09/28/2017 — FBI raids NBA offices and took computers

10/6/17 — Ten days after the FBI arrests… the NCAA postpones release of it’s decision in the 7 year old *NC Academic Fraud Case..
    10/13/17 — NCAA lets *NC walk out of court scott free after a 7 year investigation by making a decision “Not to make a decision”>

While we are all may be disappointed in and confused by the today’s outcome…
    This is not really all that complicated to figure out….

1. *NC was guilty as hell and everybody knew it… even *NC who is various ways and at multiple times admitted the same and subsequently buried their dead and bet their future on legal technicalities….

2. The Enforcement Staff at the NCAA , having clear facts. motive, and credible witnesses in hand — to wit Jay Smith and Mary Willingham, to name two — was determined to win their case.

3. There should be NO doubt among us that sometime prior to October 6th the FBI inquired upon the NCAA to as to what they might, or might not, know about SleasySneakers, none of which was made public knowledge by either the FBI or the NCAA.

4. The NCAA response, thru public back channels, to those inquiries were something to the extent of… while we may have heard from others about some parts of what’s being suggested here, all that is not, strictly speaking, an NCAA matter, outside our jurisdiction and beyond our investigative and enforcement abilities — in short, that’s way too big for us. Nevertheless, we’ll fully support your work and will fully cooperate and provide you with whatever information we may have that could be of some importance. To which, for various reasons, the FBI remained silent.

5. Thus, as was the case with SMU, SoCal and PSU, with a *NC conviction firmly in hand on, or about, October 5th, the NCAA was locked and loaded but then they blinked… Top Management vetoed it’s enforcement staff.

It’s reasonable to say that at the top level, the NCAA’s choices were not good…. Stick with the 7 year plan — Death Penalty for *NC and risk having to face more legal questions from the FBI as to why they were using the *NC defense with respect to any potential NCAA exposure to SleasySneakers. note the irony of the day here

To put that another way…

1. Do the right thing.
    2. Save our A$$es.

Would any of you fall on your sword for the TarHoles?
    Methinks, not.

Yes, at great expense, Carowhinner ‘won’ a small legal victory today, but that doesn’t change the verdict handed down years ago in the court of public opinion, nor with the Accreditation Association, nor puts the millions they spent back in the bank.

Now… I’m sure while their WalMart Hat and T-Shirt Fans, most all of whom voted for Trump for all the wrong reasons, are ecstatic and blindly see this as a statement of total innocence and vindication of the Carowhinner Way… the more educated alums I know are much more honest and humbled.

Nonetheless, Today’s big loser will be the NCAA.

In recent days, The NCAA house of cards is falling down quickly — one BIG card at a time.

And if your kids or grandkids don’t get accepted into NC State…*NC will still be a decent place to get a college degree long after the NCAA has buried itself with scandal, corruption and hypocrisy.

Silent Sam, et al, have seen it all….

BOTB

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    rthomas44
    Participant

Bravo.. well said. Now .. back to baseball!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Yanks come close in a 2-1 game with no extra base hits except Bird’s homer in the top of the ninth….

which is closer than the NCAA will come to reforming itself….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Astros pull in out in with 2 outs in the bottom of the Ninth… 2 — 1

Series now headed to the Big Apple….

Sorry Mater Man! Me and Troll tried to send the MOJO but it was too far, too fast….

=======================================

Now, I’m listening to the Hoos — Cheaters post game radio thing, forgot to change channels after the game, I told ya’ll ’bout my Granddaddy on the Pitt Game thread, anyway…

Mark Mays just said the most “interesting” thing….

Referring to the Zebras who didn’t make the right calls in a close game… the condensed version…

Mays said

“Those are calls we have always gotten, but you can forget that… after yesterday’s decision by the NCAA. We’re NOT going to get those calls anymore.”

Wow!!! Never thought I’d hear that…

Seems Enforcement could be in place and please understand that Swoffy is still the Zebra’s boss..
    Imagine that, my friends…

I’m somewhat skeptical, but it COULD be true…
    The PROOF will be on the HARDCOURT!

If true…. I know Coach Rat and others are smiling…

We shall see….

POP!!!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Bill that may be the PoP! talking. Upon a more sober reflection you may change your mind. I guess I will believe it when I see it.

TheCOWDOG

Ya know sumpthin’? Regardless of yesterday’s abominable NCAAsses pronouncements, I awoke this morning with no greater despise for Unx, than normal.

Guess as long as I am lucky enough to greet sunrises, it shall be so.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

’83… not POP!!! — just passing on what Mays really said…

I’ll believe it when I see too….

Regardless of whether or not that happens, it’s clear the SOBs are definitely looking over their shoulders during the daytime and sleeping with one eye open at night…. That could be funny to watch them punish themselves in self-inflicted mental ways….

couldn’t happen to nicer guys, imo….

NO POP!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.