NC State Wrestling Dominates #17 Pitt 28-6

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports NC State Wrestling Dominates #17 Pitt 28-6

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

GoPack had a great preview of this one which I hope everyone perused. Just a quick breakdown of the match goes like this, Morris lost 12-11 decision at 133 and Nicky Hall lost a 3-1 decision at 174 lbs. Everyone else won. Gantt with a tech fall, Renda and Gwiz with majors. By the way, that win for Gwiz is his 50th dual-match victory. Rarefied area, ladies and gentlemen. More to come with tomorrow’s match-up with WVU!! State has tied their own record for most dual victories in a season with tonight’s victory.

44rules
    Participant

Fantastic Sacco. Thanks for the continual wrestling updates.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wufpacker
    Participant

Just wanted to point out that the Pack did down WVU Sunday night to move to 20-0 on the season, a new season record for dual victories for the program.
    I’ll await Sacco’s take on the details, but to close out the regular season the Pack will be putting its unbeaten record on the line this weekend at Nebraska, and then next weekend at home vs VT and Mizzou….all of which are in or around the top ten national rankings depending on which rankings you cite.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Didn’t you get the memo Wuf? No one cares 😛

Great job Pack. I’m looking forward to the tourneys.

44rules
    Participant

I care. What about me?! 🙂

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wufpacker
    Participant

I care. What about me?! :)

Ply was only joking. He cares as well…as do I.
    The wrestling program is on an historic precipice. I won’t pretend to have been an untiring follower of wrestling, though I do have fond memories of Tab Thacker and Sylvester Terkay.

Nonetheless, as a program, what we’re seeing now is unprecedented for NCSU Wrestling. The next few weeks could bring both conference and national honors.

Not too shabby.

MrPlywood
    Participant

And, a rising tide lifts all boats. Granted the dock is a bit higher for the revenue sports, but raising the profile of Wolfpack athletics across the board is a good thing.

44rules
    Participant

Just happy to see us doing good somewhere. This has to help the fabled Director’s Cup or whatever those overall athletic rankings are called.
    And I appreciate the updates. They help a lot, because frankly, when I watch the few clips and highlights of Wolfpack wrestling I’ve seen, I can’t tell who’s winning, losing or crying for mama! So I certainly claim no special affinity or knowledge of the sport.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Nope, I have it direct from the boy wonder genius that no one cares about wrestling.

tjfoose1
    Participant

As for me, thanks for the updates, Sacco, and for time and effort put into them. Much appreciated.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Been a blast following the team’s progress this year, please add my thanks to Sacco for the excellent coverage and updates.

For the twitter friendly crowd, @PackWrestle does a great job live-tweeting during matches. Never know what you’ll find:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.