NC STATE vs FLORIDA STATE Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs FLORIDA STATE Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 272 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Time: 9:00pm TV: ACC Network Announcers: Tim Brando, Mike Gminski Officials: Jamie Luckie, Ray Natili, Michael Stephens Wow they are tall, FSU is the
    [See the full post at: NC STATE vs FLORIDA STATE Preview]

Fastback68
    Participant

The current 6 through 10 seeds are Clemson, FSU, State, Maryland and UNX. There have been only two teams to finish with a .500 league record in the last five years but there have been multiple tie ups at the 9-7 mark. Wins against FSU (27 RPI) and Clemson are critical for tiebreaker status to add to Maryland. Nobody knows where State is headed but I did watch 9 players score and get rebounds, along with 6 guys making assists and 6 making steals against GT. Isn’t that the definition of team without a head case. Home games against WF, UNX, Miami, BC and at Clemson, Miami and VT are winnable. We have chances, although slim, at signature RPI wins with FSU, Syracuse and Pittsburgh. Get to .500 at a minimum or 10-8 in ACC play with crucial wins over FSU, Clemson and Maryland and let tiebreakers propel us to the six or seven seed. State will need 2-3 victories in the ACCT.

I hate to say it but UNX replaces Wake Forest as the current fifth seed by regular season end. The top four remain in place. UVA doesn’t fade until the ACCT and/or NCAAT. In the mean time, win tonight GT. State find a way to beat FSU.

Texpack
    Participant

Win this and we can have a bubble dream until at least Saturday. If we lose this one the goal will be to avoid Wednesday at the ACCT and try to make the NIT.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

So far this year, Leonard Hamilton has been channeling his inner-Sendek. 0-3 against the top 1/3 of the conference and 4-0 against the bottom 2/3.

State might get blown out at home (again), but FSU is usually much tougher at home than on the road. I remember one game against FSU during the Sendek years, where State went something like 7-8 with six 3-ptrs to open the game. Hit ’em early and hope that they collapse.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Wow, that is a tall team at FSU. On paper, the Seminoles definitely have an edge. Here’s hoping they left it in Tallahassee.

PapaWolf
    Participant

“…do you really have an advantage when you suck less than the other team?”

Great line! And one that keeps the Pack faithful pondering year after year.

We need to get this one, but it’s hard to see it happening for me. We barely got by GT (the last second shot by the opposition balance had to be restored).

I’ll be one of the few, the proud, the obnoxious tonight at PNC. But I expect to go home angry and discouraged.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

As above, two pretty evenly matched teams going head to head….
    this battle will be won or lost “between the ears” and “in the paint”….

We GOTT to have the VANDWAGON gassed up and full of his guys tonight.

Do not sell the Demon Deacons short….
    … the “Upset Meter” tonite in the Joel is reading 50%….

This could happen.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    JohnGalt78
    Participant

A win against UNCheat is not a signature win this year, is it? Conversely, a loss to them looks really bad, right?

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

^ I don’t know if it says much of anything either way. They aren’t great, but they at least knew how to beat a lesser team at home in Clemson. We barely escaped GT and I don’t see us matching up well with FSU because we don’t have any shooters. I think that game at *NC doesn’t mean as much as it has in years past (in terms of resume. It always means something to beat them).

the_phisherman
    Participant

I expect both teams to shoot a lot of free throws tonight thanks to the zebras. That doesn’t bode well for us.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A win over UNC would not be a signature win. Part of the problem with the NCAA chatter is we only have two more chances in the regular season of collecting one of these big wins: Cuse and Pitt. And Pitt may fall a bit as they really haven’t played anyone all year out of conference. It is a down year in the ACC, and we are doing our part in cementing that perception of the league we play in.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

If Luckie holds form, all our bigs will be saddled with two fouls early in the first half, so FSU will build an insurmountable lead by halftime. We’ll chip away at it, but ultimately our inability to make FT’s will prevent us from making a serious charge…

WolfWiz11
    Participant

This is the part of the season where the games we let slip away (Mizzou, Pitt) will really start to hurt us. Would have been nice to have those W’s on our resume . . . .

TheCOWDOG

Ah…but Luckie has been quite good this year. It has been Sean Hull on the baseline with the whistle that does indeed, have the ability to blow itself.

If FSU’s bigs show quicker than State’s, we will go zone quickly.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^…. and lot’s of ZONE it will be….

It will also be, shall we say…. interesting … to watch tonite’s episode of “How the World Turns” from the guard position.

that is…Who’s going to do what to whom or with whom as the case may be.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ILPackfan
    Participant

Slightly off-topic, but SLAM has a nice capsule write-up today about future Pack forward Abdul-Malik Abu. I like the attitude he expresses about wanting to play with a chip on his shoulder.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/features/2014/01/high-school-basketball-punks-175/#2

ADMIN EDIT: Next time put stuff like this on the forums, that’s what it’s there for.

Rick
    Keymaster

First time I have ever seen Luckie and good in the same sentence with out ‘for nothing’ following it.

I do not expect us to win. There will not be any home court advantage, no one will be there. Too dangerous.

It would be a nice win. They are huge and generally play good defense

LoCoPack
    Participant

Does anyone have a link for the game? First Row is getting blocked by my anti-virus and I can’t even get it on ESPN FC due to local blackout. Our local ACC network is not showing the game.
    Thanks ACC.

Rick
    Keymaster

Attendance is worse than I thought.

Hopefully they point out why

Rick
    Keymaster

Chuck it is coming it firing.

Got to hit the free throws

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wow, are the roads that bad?

Rick
    Keymaster

Wuf,
    I would never have considered going out tonight. The roads are not that bad but it is so cold ice will be everywhere

Wufpacker
    Participant

Damn…everybody’s gimping. Not good.

Rick
    Keymaster

Barber and buckets both limping

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hehehe…I guess I should appreciate my sunny and mid 70s.
    It get’s boring after a while tho.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 272 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.