NC State University plays role in advancing exoskeletons

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NC State University plays role in advancing exoskeletons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Scientists at Carnegie Mellon University and North Carolina State University say they’ve found a biomechanical holy grail—a device that helps people walk more efficiently without a boost from a motor. The deceptively simple gadget, detailed in an article published Wednesday in the journal Nature, is one of several discoveries in the past two years that are reason to believe we’ve broken through a performance barrier—creating exoskeletons that can make us stronger, faster, and more efficient.

link
    http://www.outsideonline.com/1963816/tech-will-have-you-hiking-you%E2%80%99re-18-again?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Fascinating article. When I opened the thread, I was expecting something along the lines of this TED Talk:

Hugh Herr is building the next generation of bionic limbs, robotic prosthetics inspired by nature’s own designs. Herr lost both legs in a climbing accident 30 years ago; now, as the head of the MIT Media Lab’s Biomechatronics group, he shows his incredible technology in a talk that’s both technical and deeply personal — with the help of ballroom dancer Adrianne Haslet-Davis, who lost her left leg in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, and performs again for the first time on the TED stage.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Both of those links are very, very cool. SCIENCE!!

TheCOWDOG

Awesome.I need one,and I need one quick.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

VaWolf82, Thanks for the informative and moving Ted video. There is hope. “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” ~Andy Dufresne…..Thanks very much…Laugh, think, and cry everyday…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.