NC State Sports Worst Case Scenarios and Insane Solutions Thread.

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Sports Worst Case Scenarios and Insane Solutions Thread.

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Everybody has a little bit of that lunatic fringe bubbling up inside, boring it’s way to the surface. This thread is the release valve; a place to let all of your worst fears and wildest solutions out.

I’ll kick it off…

Basketball worst case:
    Anya goes pro, Abu transfers to Kentucky, Lenard redshirts, we sign no more recruits this off season, Gott resigns mid season after starting 0-15. Yow searches for two months for a coach and we’re rejected publicly over and over again. Herb speaks to the media and openly states he has no interest in the job. Finally in desperation we hire Matt Doherty to a Paul Hewitt type contract. Despite the adversity, the team is up two in the Dean dome with 10 seconds to go. Carolina inbounds and throws up a desperation 3 that barely ripples the net. State gets the ball back with 2 seconds on the shot clock, and we find a forward streaking down court through the defense for a uncontested slam as time expires, but as he catches the ball, a camera flash goes off, blinding him momentarily, causing him to throw the dunk off the back of the iron, ricocheting into the rafters. The horn sounds.

Crazy solution:
    1) We switch every team to a similar, but different sport. Football becomes Rugby, baseball becomes cricket, tennis becomes badminton, archery becomes lawn darts, basketball becomes netball, wrestling becomes leg wrestling, golf becomes put-put, volleyball becomes water polo, water polo becomes just polo, field hockey becomes lacrosse, lacrosse becomes bass fishing…..

2) Screw leaving the conference, let’s leave the NCAA and join the AAU. Also, let’s move the campus to Kinston.

So there you go guys and gals. Give it a try. It’s cathartic.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^in five words or less…

A. Nothing changes…
    B. Everything changes…

Either way… I’ll still watch…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

^ Amen-‘like moths to a flame’…

Fastback68
    Participant

Now that it’s confirmed that UNX is willing to spend millions on any illegal angle to promote their MBB program is it too far fetched to think they would invest any amount to promote ill will within our program especially when there is a guy named Fats in play. I think it would be quite easy. Hire any call girl/unx welcome wagon lady to —- player #1, then the next night player #2 and then proceed to whisper all kinds of bs into every ear. IMO, our players seem to have bad blood between them ever since the wood chopping days. It seemed like it steadily declined over Gott’s first 3 years but is on the rise again. I wrote this years ago when purvis and white chocolate left. Yow needs to personally exit interview every coach/player that leaves the program. It’s a no brainer policy. From personal experience, you can learn a lot of useful information about your organization from a person who is leaving. Sure, Purvis was in crazy town and probably would not tell you anything useful but guys like Pringles and Lacey might have and Yow should spend hours talking shop with Lutz. Perhaps there is nothing more going on than your average present day bb program but I would wager differently. MistaWolf has discussed personal observations concerning pre-game activities, for example Gott’s award where not a single player even paid attention. I took the family to the VT game the year after Jordan Vandenburg graduated. During pre-game, Jordan walked down the sideline and waved at his former teammates. Not a single player could walk over from the paint and slap hands. In fact, one player saw Jordan told a few of his teammates and they started laughing and purposely looked away. Only one player gave Jordan a head nod and waved. Jordan walked away with an embarrassed look on his face.

Now as far as tin hat solutions. I would test the water/gatorade before and after every game/practice. I would test the food. After that new dorm is built, I am going to track every person contacting the players and anyone else going in and out of that place. I am going to monitor the coaches/trainers. Welcome to the USSR until I’m convinced no outside sources are screwing with the program. I know I sound like Purvis 2.0 but the thread welcomes insanity. The French Canadian voice is the loudest in my head per the advice of BJD.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Thread reminds me of song I heard on way to work, which already made me think of State:

FOR REALZ, I was driving by campus as it played…

13OT
    Participant

For the State fan who wants the Wolfpack to become relevant again in its 3 main sports (football, men’s basketball and baseball), I can’t think of anything any scarier than keeping the head coaches in those 3 sports, along with the current AD, for another 5 years or longer.

It’s a long, uphill climb to the bottom, but by gum, we’re gonna make it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

and GOOD HUSTLE, 68. ALWAYS teh French Canadian voice!!

PackofMac
    Participant

Craziest statement made in any of that is BJ Anya going pro.

44rules
    Participant

Call in all favors and everything good you have done and go talk to Jesus. Have Him resurrect Case, V and Sloan. Let V be AD. Case can coach while Sloan is assistant.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Anya leaving to become a professional eater. He will finish 2nd to Joey Chesnutt in 2019 in the Nathan’s Hot dog Eating Contest.

pakfanistan
    Participant

For a while its been pretty obvious how this was going to end up. I have not been pretty vocal of my irritation with Yow and its for this very reason. She is giving out unearned raises. The only reason to look up Gott would be if someone else was trying to poach him. At this point, that is the best case scenario. When he leaves in two years, the cupboard will be bare. No talent whatsoever and it will be a massive rebuilding effort. Is hard to find a coach that wants to do that. IMO we are staring 4 years of suck right in the eye. But NCSU has never been proactive. We wait until its too late.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Solution: Ride the wave of transgenderism. All male athletes declare they are now women and compete against other schools’ women’s teams. Not sure what football would do, but the NCAA would have to create some way for them to compete.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Solution: Ride the wave of transgenderism. All male athletes declare they are now women and compete against other schools’ women’s teams. Not sure what football would do, but the NCAA would have to create some way for them to compete.

Ah, the East German strategy.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Ah, the East German strategy.

There was a lot of ball sweat and armpit hair in that ladies’ 800m relay swimming pool ,,, smh.

choppack1
    Participant

Funny how the medals have dried up for the Germans AND Soviet block with Advent of drug testing and then there’s that break up thing.

But I actually think that would be a great response…assuming Geno and Anson dont try it first.

MrPlywood
    Participant

All male athletes declare they are now women and compete against other schools’ women’s teams.

…and still lose to UCONN.

Rick
    Keymaster

For a while its been pretty obvious how this was going to end up. I have not been pretty vocal of my irritation with Yow and its for this very reason. She is giving out unearned raises. The only reason to look up Gott would be if someone else was trying to poach him. At this point, that is the best case scenario. When he leaves in two years, the cupboard will be bare. No talent whatsoever and it will be a massive rebuilding effort. Is hard to find a coach that wants to do that. IMO we are staring 4 years of suck right in the eye. But NCSU has never been proactive. We wait until its too late.

Any reason you posted this? You seem very stalkerish this morning.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Says the guy quoting something from four days ago…..who’s the real creeper here?

Rick
    Keymaster

Says the guy quoting something from four days ago…..who’s the real creeper here?

OOOOOOKAY. Is it that time of the month for you?
    I guess I will not get an answer as to why you put my post in here.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Because it fit the topic.

And was hilariously labeled ‘best case’.

Rick
    Keymaster

Because it fit the topic.

And was hilariously labeled ‘best case’.

You labeled the topic “worst case” and my post is not “worst case”. And I am glad I could bring you some laughs. You are welcome.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.