NC State Quarterbacks

Home Forums StateFans Football NC State Quarterbacks

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jowata
    Participant

So we have 3 unproven quarterbacks coming into this season and just out of pure curiosity who do you think will starter? It would be awesome to have great depth at the QB position however I do fear that whoever doesn’t get a shot will probably transfer out. Anyway what do y’all think?

redisgood
    Participant

Based on what I saw in the spring, I would like to see Jakobi Meyers. With a questionable offensive line and a weak wide receiver group (which just got weaker today), a QB who can run would be very useful, and man, can Jakobi run. He was also decent in the passing game. I haven’t seen Ryan Finley, but based on his prior experience with Drinkwitz, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start. So having said all that, I’m sure it will be McClendon.

Jowata
    Participant

I agree with you on having a duel threat QB especially with a sub par offensive line. Also a duel threat seems to really fit into Dave’s offensive especially after seeing highlights from his coaching days at NIU. Also with Ramos being red shirted we might have to put J. Samuels at the WR position lol.

Maybe we will strike gold this year with this team. We can only hope and pray.

YogiNC
    Participant

which just got weaker today

WHAT?

Smarter than the average bear

Greywolf
    Participant

The real value of Ryan Finley IMO is his knowing the offense and therefore leading the player run 7v7 drills. Meyers could be a real sleeper for starter.
    Stephen Louis will be the go-to possession receiver and we will not miss Ramos.
    And finally don’t sell the O-line short just yet. We got us one of the best O-line coaches in the business.

YogiNC
    Participant

Grey! Long time no see my man, how have you been?

Smarter than the average bear

Greywolf
    Participant

Been great. Thanks for asking. Hope you’ve been well too. Maybe now that football is here again, you’ll see more of me again. πŸ˜‰

13OT
    Participant

Depth at the QB position to me means little if you don’t have good talent. State might do fairly well with a really good QB, even with mostly mediocre talent like we’ve had for some time. But when you have mediocre QBs AND mediocre talent, like we’ve had now for a while, things probably won’t go well after the ACC schedule begins.

Of the 26 preseason All-ACC picks by position, 18 of these players are from Clemson, FSU and Louisville. This is going to be a tough season for the rest of the ACC Atlantic members, and it could be the toughest on the Pack, who has in addition to playing at Clemson and Louisville on consecutive weeks, games vs UNC and Miami from the Coastal, the two top-ranked teams in that division. And Notre Dame.

Like someone said earlier, this season will probably swing with the October 8 game vs the Irish. This game will likely determine Coach Doeren’s long-term fate here. We could win it, but more than likely we’re going to get pounded by a program that has superior personnel and superior coaching. I’m hoping for the best, but I’m afraid this one is going to be really ugly.

BJD95
    Keymaster

An optimist would say “well, at least when our first two QBs die…NO MOAR controversy!!”

Daggum optimists.

tractor57
    Participant

13OT or it could mean a golden opportunity. Win these and you are in the national discussion. Will that happen? I think not but maybe.

I would prefer having an established QB but that is not where we are – at least from the fan view.

It is coach D’s year make or break.

Greywolf
    Participant

A couple of disagreements I want to voice and some i’m not going to say anything == maybe. (What the heck did you expect?) Ryan Finley was the starting QB for Boise State before he suffered a season-ending injury. That doesn’t sound like mediocrity to me.

How many preseason All-ACC players Clemson, FSU and L’ville have ONLY indicates difficulty in winning the Atlantic. not what kind of team or players WE have.

Jowata
    Participant

I believe that our success will come from our running game and offensive line. We don’t have to have a superstar QB we just need someone to get us a few 1st downs on some 3rd and long situations. We have a great group of backs and a really good offensive line coach. If the Qb turns out to be a surprise like Russell Wilson then we might have a very special year with all these big time games.

From

Optimistic Wolfpack Fan

Pack1997
    Participant

I am not expecting a good year. I think as a team we will be better, but our schedule is just plain brutual. If we rely on the running game to win this year we will be a very bad team. We did not have any vertical threats last year etc and it really hurt us. Teams stacked the box because they knew our WR couldn’t get separation. We can have all the great running back in the world but if we don’t have a passing game teams respect we are going to get clobbered. IT should have been our number two priority in the offseason. Our number one priority should have been defense. We have some good talent on that side of the ball and it is time to deliver.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Bill Dooley would love this team.

Greywolf
    Participant

Good for Bill. He’d join the 20% of the Wolfpackers who love it. πŸ˜‰

tractor57
    Participant

Until I see the QBs perform in a Pack uniform there are unproven. Maybe they are world beaters (I hope so) or maybe not but I haven’t seen enough to say yea or nay.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Good for Bill. He’d join the 20% of the Wolfpackers who love it. ?

LOL, no argument here.

TheCOWDOG

Hey! I’m no prodigal of Bill Dooley, but I can make this thing 21%.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Guarded optimism.
    Woo!!!!!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ya’ll know old Bill Dooley ain’t doing so good these days, don’t ya?

That said….

“Three yards and a cloud of dust” is a NCState Tradition, if you’re old enough to remember that….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.