NC State names new offensive coordinator

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State names new offensive coordinator

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    burnbarn
    Participant

^ As a technical executive recruiter, we find compensation is rarely in the top 5 motivations for candidates and is typically considered a red flag if it is (with the exception of sales professionals). If money was the primary driver, he could stay another year, have similar results and get the same money next year and perhaps with better suitors. You don’t make a marginal career move just to get another $100k that you will get next year anyway and perhaps even more. Next year he will have a clearer track record in the marketplace. If he has any confidence, he knows his value will be higher.
    Drink also had representation that would have certainly advised him of the various options from a career perspective. I agree with the poster about reasons he may have come here. Another is Raleigh and RTP is a hot place to be in the country and has a college sports environment that dominates the area. Being on multiple top 10 lists for best place to…. for more than a decade has an impact on the national perception of a place. This area is blowing up and people are moving here from everywhere. These are good times for Raleigh. Let’s hope they are for our athletic programs too.

gso packbacker
    Participant

As an Executive Recruiter as well, I somewhat disagree. Money is important (for those not independently wealthy), it’s just not the only important thing! Further, when someone makes money a top priority, they are thinking short term, not long term.

With all that said, there are likely more factors at work than we may ever know. However, it could be as simple as “if Mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy.

Bottom line, I like the hire. I like it a lot!

choppack1
    Participant

Payment rate only really shows 2 basic things – if an entity is serious about finding a good candidate and it can give you input as to that organization’s financial principals.

I don’t buy the argument that NC state is “cheap”. I think we have been poorly managed for several decades and it has taken its toll. Hopefully, that period of time is over.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.