NC State names new offensive coordinator

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State names new offensive coordinator

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Exciting times in west Raleigh with the hire of Eliah Drinkwitz. RALEIGH, N.C. – NC State head football coach Dave Doeren announced today that Eliah D
    [See the full post at: NC State names new offensive coordinator]

choppack1
    Participant

Great hire. A++++.

I don’t care if this guy isn’t successful, I love the ambition of it.

Biggest recruit of this year.

Fastback68
    Participant

I’m impressed management was willing to make a move. Now about that DC.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, anyone who feels less than thrilled tonight be cray-cray. Best hire we’ve made in forevs.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Long wait for football season to start, but looking forward to the new and exciting offense. Perhaps DD is looking for a new DC, and keeping it under raps. Hux does need to move on.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m in. Grinnage to reconsider? 🙂

Wulfpack
    Participant

This is awesome!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

Boise State true freshman QB Brett Rypien had -72 yards rushing for the year. So I guess he inherited his dad’s Frankenstein like moves in the pocket (Mark Rypien). Passed for 3,300 yards. Sounds like he can mold offense around the qbs strengths. Looking forward to this. Lots of people to keep happy.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Just how in the hell did we manage to land this guy? Seems like a lateral move for him at best. No complaints but mind is boggled.

Fastback68
    Participant

How does a southern son wind up in Boise to begin with??

Adventuroo
    Participant

http://stats.oregonlive.com/cfb/story.asp?i=20160111180339275760408&ref=hea&tm=&src=

Little more info…

Great hire.

Glad he talks southern…..but Jimmy V’s Queen’s accent never seemed to hurt recruiting….

Proof of pudding will be on the field….not how he sounds.

Don’t know about Huxtable? Unless they indict Cosby and somehow link his On Screen Dr. Huxtable to our Huxtable and envoke the “Moral’s Clause”, then this too will pass. Admittedly, what we did on Defense this year should have been grounds criminal charges….

GO PACK. Clemson and Bama knotted.

BTW….DID you know that the U of Phoenix Field is retractable and they put it outside to get sun and nourishment? That also lets them use the venue for concerts WITHOUT the heavy bill for “returfing”

Cool YouTue video of how they do it. Makes the PNC Ice conversion look like child’s play.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Glad he talks southern…..but Jimmy V’s Queen’s accent never seemed to hurt recruiting….

LOL. Good point ‘Roo.

choppack1
    Participant

And that is as blunt as roo can get.

Hate it for Clemson… Basically lost due to an onside kick and one bad pass.

redisgood
    Participant

BTW….DID you know that the U of Phoenix Field is retractable and they put it outside to get sun and nourishment? That also lets them use the venue for concerts WITHOUT the heavy bill for “returfing”

I thought their field was online, and only used for Madden 2016.

Rick
    Keymaster

I saw a TV show about it. IT was very interesting how the turf went into the arena. It is a huge slab that rolls in and out. It allows them to grow the grasss outside.

TeufelWolf
    Participant

I heard he can also coach free throws!!

budfox88
    Participant

Must have a fire Hux clause in his contract is all I can think? Just gotta be somn in the works for Hux…

ryebread
    Participant

Given NC State’s current coaching situation, my guess at our salary band, and our place in the pecking order, I think this was a good hire. There was no hire that we were going to make that wasn’t going to come with some risk. I’m glad we did this as opposed to promoting from within, which I thought we might do.

The thing about Boise is that they have a LOT of talent and have for a while. You can run a lot of schemes and be successful with that much talent. Here’s to hoping he is a good recruiter.

The most promising thing to me about the hire is what he did with a freshman QB this year. I don’t know much about that QB so maybe he was just really good, but I’m hoping it means he is running a system that is easy to pick up and that he knows how to bring a QB along. I never thought Canada was good at developing QBs, and that’s not jus revisionist history after year three. JB should have looked a lot better last year given he was the savior and had sat out a year and worked so closely with Canada.

If nothing else, this will pump some life into the offense. That’s definitely needed given all the questions.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Cautious optimism

Gowolves
    Participant

Few reasons on what possibly made him take the job.

Power Five conference.
    East Coast (no west coast bias to deal with)
    Warmer and much less snow
    From the south.
    Better recruiting

Aeight
    Participant

Sounds like a good hire. Looks like the trend hiring young, smart offensive coordinators with today’s modern offenses, such as Oklahoma and Lincoln Riley, etc. Comes from a good coaching tree of Gus Malzhan and his spread offense. Need to recruit the players to “fit” his offense, but we have some good players in house now that can probably make it work. Now let’s work on the defense.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Few reasons on what possibly made him take the job.

Power Five conference.
    East Coast (no west coast bias to deal with)
    Warmer and much less snow
    From the south.
    Better recruiting

I’m a pretty cynical bastard, but I’d go with two reasons:

3-year contract
    $1.35M guaranteed

13OT
    Participant

Why didn’t Drinkwitz follow Mendenhall to UVA?

choppack1
    Participant

Cause he was at Boise state not byu.

tractor57
    Participant

“I’m a pretty cynical bastard, but I’d go with two reasons:

3-year contract
    $1.35M guaranteed”

BJD does this make you cynical? I think not. We all have to eat and we most all want more. I don’t discount the other reasons already listed but yours make more immediate sense.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.