NC State Grad Wins Polk Award for Investigative Journalism

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NC State Grad Wins Polk Award for Investigative Journalism

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

Being one of the few English majors here, I think I should put this shout-out together for a State grad, English major who just got recognized with his co-writer for a series of investigative reports on a Las Vegas mental hospital discharging patients and putting them on buses to neighboring states with little regard for what happens to them. I’m not sure many know Philip Reese, but he was a classmate, and was an editor for the Technician, before the Technician became too busy to do much of its work. This link is for the set of reports as they were published in the Bee. This link goes to the FB page for the Bee, with a photo of Philip and his co-writer receiving the award. This final link is to a radio interview with Philip and a Mental Health Administrator from California that aired on KNPR. Interesting stuff, and it’s good during the down time for a State grad to get some publicity, even on such a small venue as this one, for some excellent reporting.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.