NC State Football By The Numbers – Post L’ville Edition

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Football By The Numbers – Post L’ville Edition

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Here are the stats and national rankings after the Louisville road loss. Before the stats, the latest on the National and ACC championship belts. Nati
    [See the full post at: NC State Football By The Numbers – Post L’ville Edition]

Greywolf
    Participant

As always, thank you for the work you do.

Strange as it may be, we are on the south side of average on offense and just played the #1 defense in the country, giving them all they wanted and then some. Go figure.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Offense: not surprising that the output has dropped over the last four weeks, given the competition. Hopefully that will reverse for the remainder of the season.

One this sticks out to me: the glaring difference between 3rd and 4th down efficiencies. The 4th down efficiency looks out of place. Is it because we go for it more often than other teams? Maybe because we’ve been getting behind early?

Defense: Overall numbers are frighteningly bad. The red zone defense % seems good, given the other numbers. Not sure I can explain/rationalize that either…

And yes, thanks to the author cannot be expressed enough.

ryebread
    Participant

WVWolf: I appreciate the stats as always.

I have a slightly different view on them than most. I look at our offensive production against our defensive yield and they are eerily similar. For reference check out passing yards per game, rushing yards per game, passing efficiency, turnovers, return yardage, etc. and they’re all about the same for what we’ve done versus what we’ve given up. We look like what we are — a .500 team.

There are really only a couple of glaring differences — our 3rd and 4th down defense and our penalties committed. The former is bad and the latter is good.

This also tells me that we’re probably not “lucky” or “unlucky” and for all the grumblings, we’re about average on the situational in game things. We’re performing about as one would expect relative to what happens play in and play out.

If one thinks about the talent rankings, we clearly had better talent than 4 teams and beat them. We clearly didn’t have better talent than 3 and lost them all. The BC game is the one that one could argue (and I would) that we let slip away.

Classof89
    Participant

Absolutely astounding to me that we are in the midst of a historic conference losing streak, and yet our attendence vs. capacity is still 4th in the ACC (I assume we trail only FSU, Clemson, and VaTech, but didn’t look up). We truly have one of the most dedicated and loyal fan bases in the world. I was in Chapel Hill Saturday night for the GaTech game, and was astounded by the amount of aluminum I could see in that stadium for a pivotal nationally televised game. We show up in much greater numbers for a far inferior product.

hdhntr91
    Participant

Just trying to read all the n&o articles on UNCheat. Great to see basketball tied to it. Does anyone think titles will be taken. both on dean and ol Roy’s watch.

Greywolf
    Participant

Absolutely astounding to me that we are in the midst of a historic conference losing streak, and yet our attendence vs. capacity is still 4th in the ACC <snip> I was in Chapel Hill Saturday night for the GaTech game, and was astounded by the amount of aluminum I could see in that stadium for a pivotal nationally televised game. We show up in much greater numbers for a far inferior product.

How are we in the midst of an “historic conference losing streak?” Historic my red necked ass. Duke had 16+ loses during the Fred Goldsmith era. That’s historic. State’s 12 game streak being historic is just wishful thinking. Get back to me if we lose out — and we won’t.

You seem to think a football game on Brokeback Hill is a superior product. “Classof89” wouldn’t happen to be the UNC-CHeat class of 89 would it? I will admit that the ass whipping that the Pirates put on the holes was a very superior product.

Those of us who buy Wolfpack season tickets are supporting a team we love, not arbitrarily shopping for “product.” Rounding it out most of us enjoy tailgating, the camaraderie of friends and relatives and the game day experience in general. Astounding isn’t?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.