NC State Football By The Numbers – Post BC Edition

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Football By The Numbers – Post BC Edition

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Here are the stats and national rankings after the BC debacle (it’s going to save me a little bit of time each week when I can leave “debacle” and jus
    [See the full post at: NC State Football By The Numbers – Post BC Edition]

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

I’m guessing that the only defense worse than State’s in conference is Wake Forest ?

Hoping that it’s a team we haven’t played yet…..

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Surprisingly, Wake Forest is ranked #37 in Total Defense giving up 354.8 YPG. As WV Wolf pointed out, State is #72 yielding 398.3 YPG. The only team worse in this category, in the ACC, is UNC, ranked #117 allowing 508 YPG.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

As bad as this defense is, the one PR’s senior year was even worse. Think about that for a minute.

Thanks to WV, we can even look at a little trend:

After FSU:
    Scoring Offense: 40.4 (2, 24)
    Total Offense: 505.6 (1, 20)

After Clemson:
    Scoring Offense: 33.7 (6, 51)
    Total Offense: 447.3 (4, 44)

After BC:
    Scoring Offense: 30.9 (9, 61)
    Total Offense: 414.1 (8, 64)

Hopefully, the offense bottoms out after the Lousville game.

rtpack24
    Participant

WV excellent work, conference rankings and national very helpful in showing just how bad we are on defense. I was at the game Saturday and was very disappointed in their effort, much less lining up wrong every other play or blowing assignemnt.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Defense is destroying our promising season. Seems to play the same every week, with no signs of improvement. Arm tackling and missed assignments week after week. No change to me means, our DC/Huxtable, is not doing his job. Inability to adjust to what other teams of late have been throwing at us. Definitely needs to be replaced, or prove he is better than what he has shown us so far. The fans deserve better!

13OT
    Participant

You want meaningful numbers?

How about Seven-Eleven? Seven players suspended Saturday; 11 straight ACC losses.

Zaphod
    Participant

Haven’t seen any info to date, but both Bo Hines and Marquez Valdes-Scantling left the game last week due to injuries, Hines early on, and Valdes-Scantling in the 4th quarter. That’s our #1 and #4 receivers, and #1 and #2 wide receivers. Any info on their statuses for this weekend?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.